3AAA District Tournament

TSpoon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just can't wait for tonights games to see if Clinton and HVA come out very motivated tonight because you know their coaches are feeding them the same stuff

Last nights rain out probably helped Clinton more than any other team. I hope they get to play tonight. I left last night once I saw they could not get the field ready and as wet as it was I do not know if they could have put the tarp back on.

Last nights rain out probably helped Clinton more than any other team. I hope they get to play tonight. I left last night once I saw they could not get the field ready and as wet as it was I do not know if they could have put the tarp back on.

If the field is wet you don't want to put the tarp on. The field needs sun and wind to dry out. Covering it with a plastic tarp won't allow the moisture to escape if the ground it as wet as it has been the past couple of days. Since the moisture can't sink down in to an already saturated ground, it has to escape somehow. Putting the tarp back on would likely have guaranteed that there would be no games tonight.

If the field is wet you don't want to put the tarp on. The field needs sun and wind to dry out. Covering it with a plastic tarp won't allow the moisture to escape if the ground it as wet as it has been the past couple of days. Since the moisture can't sink down in to an already saturated ground, it has to escape somehow. Putting the tarp back on would likely have guaranteed that there would be no games tonight.

So does anyone know what they will do if they are rained out tonight? I was not saying the tarp should be on I am just wondering how far they can back this tournament up with the region starting on Monday?

So does anyone know what they will do if they are rained out tonight? I was not saying the tarp should be on I am just wondering how far they can back this tournament up with the region starting on Monday?

According to the TSSAA calendar the district must be completed by Friday.

It's just all so ironic how everything is coming together... Halls has back to back tough games using a lot of pitching then the next day the games get rained out. I know in Powell it was beautiful outside after 430. I'm just saying they may not have meant to do it but It's ironic

What would give you the right call a man who has coached for 20 years doing it the right way ALL the time a cheater. People can debate field strategy, lineups, pitching decisions and all the other things the fans in the bleachers like or dislike about a coach. The one thing you are completely out of line about is using the word cheater. There is no cleaner coach around. He does not recruit other schools players while some do. He does not conduct illegal practices or intrasquad games while some do. Those are real issues that occur. They are not widespread but do occur. Doug Polston for a fact does not cheat. Halls fans do not always agree with him just as fans from other teams question things their coach does. But, what we know with COMPLETE certainty, is he is a man of integrity who requires all his players to take academics seriously and checks up on them with their teachers. I know what kind of man he is. If you are any kind of man at all, you should apologize for your ignorant accusation instead of saying " I'm just saying they may not have meant to do it but It's ironic "

Sorry to all the rest of the fans for taking up time reading this. I try to be positive about kids and baseball. Thanks to those who spoke up.

Edited by AlwaysARookie

Quick question. How is it legal for the tournament to be played at HVA? It just seems like an advantage to them but I guess it equals out what happened last night (referring to my previous posts)

Im not sure how it is legal for HVA to get home field advantage today, but i am glad. HVA practically has a profession field, and Halls field is like little league.

Im not sure how it is legal for HVA to get home field advantage today, but i am glad. HVA practically has a profession field, and Halls field is like little league.

Ya Hva and Clinton almost would rather play at the sportspark. They are roughly the same size!

Edited by knoxcobeat1