East Hamilton Hurricanes 2012

BEAST27

The Canes have all the talent and no more excuses. They need to bring the swagger and take care of business. They won the disrict last year and got over confident and lost to Brainerd in the first round. A team they had already beaten.

They still need to learn how to win and move on to the next goal.

Winning is still not a habit, it is still new.

Give Signal credit for owning the Canes. If the Canes pull off a win against Signal this year they should Roll over the rest. Owls included.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our first 2 games are against you and Ooltewah, we will find out real quick how good we are. But on the other hand your first 2 are against us and Tyner. Don't over look the Ram train, they are much improved this year, your good but you have no one at Signal that can match there speed. Don't start 0-2!

We don't overlook nobody. It's always interesting to see how teams change from one season 'til the next. Will be interested to see what the Canes and the Rams have this year. And I'm sure everyone is interested in seeing what we got. From what I saw in the spring, I think we have more raw talent on the field than ever before. We'll see how summer 7 on 7's and fall scrimmages go.:hungry:

eagle-sharpens-claw-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

STAR Physical Therapy Preseason Class 4A Coaches All-State Team

These preseason all-state teams are compliled from 2012 Tennessee High School Football magazine surveys returned by Class 4A head coaches.

OFFENSE

QB - Reese Phillips, Signal Mountain - 6-3, 215, Jr.

RB - Johnston White Covington - 5-10, 170, Sr.

RB - Logan Jackson, East Hamilton - 6-0, 195, Sr.

RB - Creed Hayes, Livingston Academy - 5-11, 175, Sr.

WR - Kenton Baker, Giles County - 5-7, 140, Jr.

TE - Harrison Moon, Signal Mountain - 6-5, 230, Soph.

OL - David Hughley, East Hamilton - 6-0, 265, Sr.

OL - Akeem Cooperwood, Fulton - 6-7, 327, Jr.

OL - Dunkan Gibson, Greeneville - 6-1, 295, Sr.

OL - Robert Burleigh, Jackson South Side - 6-5, 295, Sr.

OL - Zack Escue, White House - 6-5, 300, Sr.

K - Ryan Hunley, Gibbs - 6-3 170 Sr.

DEFENSE

DB - Carlos Williams, Covington - 5-10, 180, Sr.

DB - Ben Bates, Giles County - 5-11, 195, Sr.

DB - Tyler Yarbro, Lexington - 5-11, 185, Sr.

DB - Antonio Gillam, Mitchell - 6-1, 175, Sr.

LB - Cooper Jackson, Lipscomb Academy - 6-1, 240, Jr.

LB - A. J. Gray, Lexington - 5-11, 210, Sr.

LB - Octavian Cooper, Liberty - 5-11, 190, Sr.

DL - Demaris Peppers, Fairley - 6-2, 247, Sr.

DL - Levonre Goins, Maplewood - 6-3, 265, Sr.

DL - Elijah Turnage, Signal Mountain - 6-0, 250, Sr.

DL - Michael Cain, Whites Creek - 5-10, 306, Sr.

P - Aaron Medley, Marshall County - 6-2, 170, Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

East Hamilton favored to win 6 AA, see article in Nooga.com .

http://www.nooga.com/156418/east-hamilton-favored-in-6-aa/

Canes will be the team to beat this year. If they can keep everybody healthy, add a passing game to their running attack and maintain their defense, they will go all the way this year. They keep a low profile, but this team has some talent that will shine this year.

Hurricanes looked good in scrimmages this week with Marshall and Shelbyville. They ran the ball well with a lot of speed and tenacity, their passing game was good and the QB seemed to have confidence and plenty of time to throw the ball. The offense and defensive line are huge and hard to beat. The defensive backfield may be the best in the state. I expect the team to get better with each game, dominate their region and blow thru the playoffs to a state championship. The Hurricanes are gonna bring bad weather to a bunch of teams this year.

Hurricanes looked good in scrimmages this week with Marshall and Shelbyville. They ran the ball well with a lot of speed and tenacity, their passing game was good and the QB seemed to have confidence and plenty of time to throw the ball. The offense and defensive line are huge and hard to beat. The defensive backfield may be the best in the state. I expect the team to get better with each game, dominate their region and blow thru the playoffs to a state championship. The Hurricanes are gonna bring bad weather to a bunch of teams this year.

Don't get too excited Beastyboy, I was told the Marshall team was a 2A team and Shelbyville is a 5A team that only won two games last year. And if I am not mistaken, we only scored once on both of them and that we still do too much ankle tackling with the secondary. Not trying to burst your bubble but also not trying to get unrealistic expectations with this group.

Don't get too excited Beastyboy, I was told the Marshall team was a 2A team and Shelbyville is a 5A team that only won two games last year. And if I am not mistaken, we only scored once on both of them and that we still do too much ankle tackling with the secondary. Not trying to burst your bubble but also not trying to get unrealistic expectations with this group.

Marshall County is in 4A. They went 7-3 last year and lost in the 3rd round of the playoffs to Giles County.

Shelbyville is in 5A. They went 7-3 last year and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to Ooltewah.

EH only ran 8 plays each possession and was obviously the better of the three teams.

I hate to burst your bubble but you were wrong about almost everything you stated regarding the two scrimmage opponents. Shelbyville and Marshall County are very good teams but East Hamilton was better.

If you are a true fan of any school, your expectations should be very high. But I guess there always has to be a Debbie Downer in the group.

Edited by biscuits4breakfast

Marshall County is in 4A. They went 7-3 last year and lost in the 3rd round of the playoffs to Giles County.

Shelbyville is in 5A. They went 7-3 last year and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to Ooltewah.

EH only ran 8 plays each possession and was obviously the better of the three teams.

I hate to burst your bubble but you were wrong about almost everything you stated regarding the two scrimmage opponents. Shelbyville and Marshall County are very good teams but East Hamilton was better.

If you are a true fan of any school, your expectations should be very high. But I guess there always has to be a Debbie Downer in the group.

Just going by what someone told me. As far as expectations, they are always high but realistic at the same time. So I guess we scored more than once against each of those teams then as well?