Vic Wharton (Rumored to be MOVING Again?)

Don't base this just on the fact he's a talented athlete. I heard of bad behavior that would justify his expulsion. Credit to CPA for taking a stand. To often schools (both secondary and colleges) allow bad behavior to be overlooked for talented athletes.

Never thought I would see the day that sportsnutdad would give CPA some "props". Maybe there really is this thing called "Grace" over there at Lipscomb. :)

I wasn't the offending poster, though I will admit to posting a LOL in response. I do understand your point, though, but will offer a few mitigating factors. First, I've been around this young man since middle school and can tell you he's probably already 17 and not 16. Second, you probably haven't been around him or you would realize there's a pretty significant amount of truth in the good-natured joke about needing a big helmet to fit his head. Is this kid the only highly talented athlete with a big ego? Of course not. But I've seen this kid's ego up close and personal, and he has a huge one...a fact that was widely acknowledged when he was in east TN. With that background in mind, I certainly didn't think the original joker was "bashing" or "insulting" the student-athlete, simply a good-natured joke about his legendary, widely recognized (probably even by the athlete himself)ego.

lol I had understood the joke in the first place....I guess some people don't catch stuff like that so fast lol

I wasn't the offending poster, though I will admit to posting a LOL in response. I do understand your point, though, but will offer a few mitigating factors. First, I've been around this young man since middle school and can tell you he's probably already 17 and not 16. Second, you probably haven't been around him or you would realize there's a pretty significant amount of truth in the good-natured joke about needing a big helmet to fit his head. Is this kid the only highly talented athlete with a big ego? Of course not. But I've seen this kid's ego up close and personal, and he has a huge one...a fact that was widely acknowledged when he was in east TN. With that background in mind, I certainly didn't think the original joker was "bashing" or "insulting" the student-athlete, simply a good-natured joke about his legendary, widely recognized (probably even by the athlete himself)ego.

Let me add some detail about this, we had him at KCHS and he was treated like he had already signed a D1 offer and was being graded for his draft slot in the NFL, much of this youngs mans ego comes from having a coach like we have at KCHS that hangs his hat on a player like this and puts him above the rest of the team, when that happens any kid is going to eat it up and embrass the attention, I truly feel like the adults in this kids life is to blame for making more of his talents then is really there, do doubt he is a good athlete but, if the truth is he was kicked out of CPA as the tale goes around then we see embrassing talent and making a kid more then he is doesn't work, they become bigger and better then their piers thinking they can get away with anything and many times they do as coaches want more wins, hats off to CPA for making a tough call, I am sure he would be welcome back at KCHS regardless of his actions.

Let me add some detail about this, we had him at KCHS and he was treated like he had already signed a D1 offer and was being graded for his draft slot in the NFL, much of this youngs mans ego comes from having a coach like we have at KCHS that hangs his hat on a player like this and puts him above the rest of the team, when that happens any kid is going to eat it up and embrass the attention, I truly feel like the adults in this kids life is to blame for making more of his talents then is really there, do doubt he is a good athlete but, if the truth is he was kicked out of CPA as the tale goes around then we see embrassing talent and making a kid more then he is doesn't work, they become bigger and better then their piers thinking they can get away with anything and many times they do as coaches want more wins, hats off to CPA for making a tough call, I am sure he would be welcome back at KCHS regardless of his actions.

WOW. That may be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. You must have slept through English class....and I won't even address the spelling and other issues.

That being said, Vic's special treatment didn't just start when he entered KCHS. He is obviously a gifted athlete that has been afforded special treatment long before high school. This will be his fifth school in 5 years. Let the bidding begin. LOL

WOW. That may be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. You must have slept through English class....and I won't even address the spelling and other issues.

That being said, Vic's special treatment didn't just start when he entered KCHS. He is obviously a gifted athlete that has been afforded special treatment long before high school. This will be his fifth school in 5 years. Let the bidding begin. LOL

Sorry I entered this via my phone, never said it started with KCHS we just done a great job growing it.

If he was under discipline at CPA, there could possibly be an eligibility issue where ever he goes. :mellow:

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

d. If a student has satisfied all other requirements for eligibility but was under discipline at his/her former school, the student shall be ineligible at the new school for twelve months or until the disciplinary charges have been removed, whichever is less.

Edited by MountainTroll

If he was under discipline at CPA, there could possibly be an eligibility issue where ever he goes. :mellow:

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

d. If a student has satisfied all other requirements for eligibility but was under discipline at his/her former school, the student shall be ineligible at the new school for twelve months or until the disciplinary charges have been removed, whichever is less.

Must be a cold day in you know where. A Signal Mountain fan actually knows the eligibility rules.

If Wharton was kicked out of school I would think that wod be the end of the punishment. I believe that rule applies when students are sent to alternative school in a county for a set period of time and instead of serving their time decide to move somewhere else.

Must be a cold day in you know where. A Signal Mountain fan actually knows the eligibility rules.

If Wharton was kicked out of school I would think that wod be the end of the punishment. I believe that rule applies when students are sent to alternative school in a county for a set period of time and instead of serving their time decide to move somewhere else.

Yea, I seen where they wuz forecasting Hail in Pulaski.:roflolk:

That rule applies whenever that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) says it applies.:ph34r:

I know they full story now and from what I understand he did get in trouble for doing something foolish during school but CPA did not kick him out but will be leaving. A lot of schools even some Metro schools are going for this guy..all is can say is that he's a kid and hes and intitled to make mistakes I just hope he learns from it because he is a good guy but just made a bad choice

I know they full story now and from what I understand he did get in trouble for doing something foolish during school but CPA did not kick him out but will be leaving. A lot of schools even some Metro schools are going for this guy..all is can say is that he's a kid and hes and intitled to make mistakes I just hope he learns from it because he is a good guy but just made a bad choice

I also heard that there was some incident involving his father (football and track coach). If true, perhaps this was a factor also. Anyway, 4 or 5 different schools in the last 4 or 5 years. That alone should raise flags. It should be interesting where he lands. You've got to wonder if colleges might start to wonder if they can keep this kid, in school or at their school for more than a year.