Smith County football

scooter

Anyone from SC will tell you that NO, it's not Max Staver from BA that's coming to SC.

Well, let me help you guys who are uneducated Smith County fans and really don't have a clue about football outside of mediocre Upper Cumberland. You guys DID NOT land Max Staver. He has been the starting quarterback at Brentwood Academy for a few years and is a Florida signee. Smith County is getting some kid down on the depth chart who never saw any action outside of JV or possibly in clean up spots. The fact is Smith County is still way down on the food chain. You guys weren't even close to being relevant in 3A this year and getting a quarterback does not make you a contender. CPA will still be looming in your half of the bracket and Vic Wharton and crew will run roughshod over the Owls if they make it that far. Hope it works out for Smith County, but until they've done something substantial in the playoffs, I won't ever buy that they are contenders.

No Smith County did NOT land Max Staver. And Max Staver has NOT been the starting QB at BA for a few years. Last year was his first year as starting QB.

My bad on the slip. Forgot that he was going with his dad to Independence. However, you guys won't be getting a qb any better that the Scurlock kid and with him all you did was play a weak schedule, go undefeated, an lose early. Once again, SC fans, you aren't getting Max Staver so don't get too hyped over a kid that none of you have seen throw a football yet.

From what I hear SC fans are more than hyped over the kid they're getting. icon_mrgreen.gif

Seen him throw...looks very good to me. Hear he's a great kid too. He should fit in well. It's a good situation for him & SC. I tickled he made the move. We are happy to have him.

Enough of the weak schedule and undefeated season crap. SC has had very good success in the playoffs...going to the semis twice....and quarters several times. SC has had only one undefeated season in recent years..and that was last year. We didn't beat Alcoa or AE..but nobody else did either. Both were great teams.

From what I hear, he's going to fit right in. Everyone is thrilled at the changes.

Guest Termite

Let's just hope they can make it past the first round.

I'm not real good with number ......but I did some sphiffering.......and as best as I can tell,,,,,,,,,,one half (1/2) of the teams in the playoffs don't make it out of the 1st round........

I knew who y'all was talking about...Like I stated early he's the back up QB and Brentwood academy.....

As I stated earlier, we were in a dire situation at the QB position. We would have gladly taken the back up QB at BA, MBA,Ensworth, Riverdale, Maryville, Baylor .............. We are thrilled to have Nick as our QB. Not only is he a very good QB, he will add his personal qualities to the team which will be great. Now don't feel left out FB, as I remember, PC had two very good QB's and we would have been happy to have taken PC's back up.rolleyes.gif