District 14A 2012-2013 Who ya got?

UCTdoes

Good win for the Lady Jackets. Still wonder what happened in that South Fulton game as we have had no one post details yet.

UC beat Liberty about the same as Lake County did at Liberty. They are not a bad team and have one really good player.

Just a few days until LC travels to Greenfield in what has been our toughest place to play on the road the last few years. This one makes me a little nervous coming off the Christmas break and having to travel to Greenfield. A win for LC would be huge in the district before going out of district on Saturday to play Middleton and then hosting Union City. Things are about to get cranked up!

Outside of Rhaven Kemp, Liberty is not very good at all. UC and Lake Co. should've beaten Liberty like a drum.

vol, Greenfield beating Gibson is a big win for you guys. I honestly didn't think we'd lose, but I figured it'd be close. It was close last year at Greenfield...luckily, Gibson was able to win that one. You guys are always a scrappy and well-coached team. Good luck to you guys in this second half of the season!

Outside of Rhaven Kemp, Liberty is not very good at all. UC and Lake Co. should've beaten Liberty like a drum.

vol, Greenfield beating Gibson is a big win for you guys. I honestly didn't think we'd lose, but I figured it'd be close. It was close last year at Greenfield...luckily, Gibson was able to win that one. You guys are always a scrappy and well-coached team. Good luck to you guys in this second half of the season!

I remember the statement wanting to see GC and UC play to see a glimpse of next year. You sure you want that????

I remember the statement wanting to see GC and UC play to see a glimpse of next year. You sure you want that????

Gc is way down this yr, this loss to greenfield shows that. Not taking anything away from gfld, but its just not the same gc team as the past. I don't see it getting better in the years to come either. UC would handle gc easily.

GC, not sure you llady pioneers are as good as Liberty...if you guys were in 14A this year yoiu would be looking at 5th or 6th place. Don't see your team being a threat next year either

GC is down some, I'll admit....we played Obion Co. to a 1 point game, Dyersburg to a 2 point game and Westview to a 9 point game after being up by 2 with a minute to go in the game? Yea, we don't have Heather Butler on this years team, but they are a Single A team playing in a Double A district..... Yea, this loss to Greenfield is surprising, but it's not the end of the world one way or another.

orangefuzz, curious as to who you saw Gibson play against this year to make your assumption you made? My guess is you haven't seen Gibson play if you think we're not better than Liberty, lol.... Yes, I have seen Liberty. and yes, I do know that all Liberty has is Rhaven Kemp. I hope you don't see us being a threat next year, but it might be the next 8 years after that that you might want to worry about, lol. I hope you guys have some more talent coming in after Amber Fair and Hudson are gone. My guess is that we will be in Murfreesboro next year once we drop down and it'll be a yearly outing for GC girls basketball. Just think, only 1 Senior on this years team, lol.... Freshman class is LOADED. Just remember what I'm telling you... you will figure it out soon.

GC is down some, I'll admit....we played Obion Co. to a 1 point game, Dyersburg to a 2 point game and Westview to a 9 point game after being up by 2 with a minute to go in the game? Yea, we don't have Heather Butler on this years team, but they are a Single A team playing in a Double A district..... Yea, this loss to Greenfield is surprising, but it's not the end of the world one way or another.

orangefuzz, curious as to who you saw Gibson play against this year to make your assumption you made? My guess is you haven't seen Gibson play if you think we're not better than Liberty, lol.... Yes, I have seen Liberty. and yes, I do know that all Liberty has is Rhaven Kemp. I hope you don't see us being a threat next year, but it might be the next 8 years after that that you might want to worry about, lol. I hope you guys have some more talent coming in after Amber Fair and Hudson are gone. My guess is that we will be in Murfreesboro next year once we drop down and it'll be a yearly outing for GC girls basketball. Just think, only 1 Senior on this years team, lol.... Freshman class is LOADED. Just remember what I'm telling you... you will figure it out soon.

THE BORO NEXT YEAR WHATEVER YOU ARE ON MUST REALLY BE GOOD. That same Greenfield team will play you twice next year and they are probably going finished 4th this year. Very bold predictions. If I was there coach I would probably play those super freshmen this year and get something out of them now an not save them until next year when you go to the "BORO"

LOL, those super Freshman are playing now.... one is a starter and one is a main sub.... you will see, lol. I'm not one to usually get on here and talk Gibson up big, maybe when the 3 were at Gibson a few years ago, but trust me, I know what I'm speaking of when I say they will be in Murfreesboro. This same team is playing Dyersburg, Westview, Obion down to the wire... I promise you those 3 are better than anyone in 14A except for Union City... and after Fair, Reedy, and Hudson graduate, you guys will be back to reality, while Gibson is enjoying being the Jackson Co. of west Tennessee. You guys are letting this Greenfield loss go straight to your heads in thinking that Gibson is a horrible team this year. We aren't going to have an outstanding record this year, but you put any of the other 14A's outside of UC in 13AA, and they would not be able to play with most of the teams in this district.

And yes, I know UC girls are the best team in rural west TN this year... you don't have to remind me.

And also, let me clarify before you guys jump in.... WE WILL BE THE 2ND BEST SINGLE A in west TN next year BEHIND UNION CITY.

Edited by GCPioneer