District 14A 2012-2013 Who ya got?

UCTdoes

And yes, I know UC girls are the best team in rural west TN this year... you don't have to remind me.

And also, let me clarify before you guys jump in.... WE WILL BE THE 2ND BEST SINGLE A in west TN next year BEHIND UNION CITY.

What about Greenfield they are a young team as is GC? They along with Lake Co. Will be there next year. That Lake Co. Team beat next years UC team in the Middle School Sectionals when they were in the eighth grade.

And yes, I know UC girls are the best team in rural west TN this year... you don't have to remind me.

And also, let me clarify before you guys jump in.... WE WILL BE THE 2ND BEST SINGLE A in west TN next year BEHIND UNION CITY.

What about Greenfield they are a young team as is GC? They along with Lake Co. Will be there next year. That Lake Co. Team beat next years UC team in the Middle School Sectionals when they were in the eighth grade.

Lake Co. will fall off after Simone graduates this year as will UC after Fair, Reedy, and Hudson are gone... It doesn't matter who is beating who right now in middle school... unless you guys have another Amber Fair on the rise, then you will fall off. And don't tell me you do have another Amber Fair on the rise either because it's not true.

Greenfield is a good scrappy team that is well-coached. Coach Trevathan is probably the best coach in that district year in and year out with what he is given to compete against. Greenfield may be on the rise, but I'm saying, our Freshman class is going to be goooooood!

The next big thing out of Gibson sits in this years Freshman class. It all depends on how she develops over these next 4 years as to whether or not she will go down as another Gibson great. If you catch a Gibson game this year, try and figure out which one she is on the court.... my guess is that you won't be able to because she blends in with the other 9 on the court right now as a Freshman.

Edited by GCPioneer

Lake Co. will fall off after Simone graduates this year as will UC after Fair, Reedy, and Hudson are gone... It doesn't matter who is beating who right now in middle school... unless you guys have another Amber Fair on the rise, then you will fall off. And don't tell me you do have another Amber Fair on the rise either because it's not true.

Greenfield is a good scrappy team that is well-coached. Coach Trevathan is probably the best coach in that district year in and year out with what he is given to compete against. Greenfield may be on the rise, but I'm saying, our Freshman class is going to be goooooood!

The next big thing out of Gibson sits in this years Freshman class. It all depends on how she develops over these next 4 years as to whether or not she will go down as another Gibson great. If you catch a Gibson game this year, try and figure out which one she is on the court.... my guess is that you won't be able to because she blends in with the other 9 on the court right now as a Freshman.

\

Wiggins ,starting center,is a hand full for just being a freshman.Tiana will be back next year along with sophomore Yazzy Yancy.So a center can be a big piece to play with the next few years,a guard for two of those years and a shooter in Tiana Gray that still has one more year.Look for Wiggins and Yancy to improve ,which they already have.Also have a couple girls off the bench playing pretty well.The middle school doesn't have a great record this year but did hear they have two or 3 girls that are pretty good.That's all we need is a couple good players to go with this bunch.A lot of people ,probably yourself included had LC finishing 4th in the district.May still happen but so far so good with only 1 loss overall and in the district.Also I think Coach Johnson and Coach Newsome has some youngsters that will be moving up in maybe 2 or 3 years.Heard one of them at her age was really good which probably makes a lot of sense with having been around T.T. and some of the former players,and now maybe old enough to maybe to start playing or practing in their spare time against some of the girls there noow.Maybe they are playing AAU ball.I also remember on some earlier posts that Tiger Investigator said Lake Co had a very good 7th grade group so Lake Co would be reloading in a few years.So I'm thinking that group with be freshmen when Wiggins and Yancy are still there.Coach Johnson's daughter may be in that group so don't know.But if she is a year behind them,could be even better.And they are use to playing the bigger schools in middle school like Three Oaks,Dyersburg,Northview etc.So I just wouldn't give the Gold ball to GC the next several seasons just because they are stepping down to Single A just yet.

Edited by mrbigster

Funny how all it takes is an "outsider" coming on the 14A boards to make UC and LC fans bond together. lol I just think it rubs people the wrong way when you tell us you are going to come in and dominate 14A basketball when you can't beat our third or fourth place team.

Again UC will be the class of West Tennessee single A basketball next year. LC loses their best player but I guarantee you they will still be very good. A starting lineup of Tiana Gray, Yazzie Yancy, Ashley Wiggins, Kheela Jones, and Kayla Allison would still be in the top four in the district this year and will be next year as well. That team did win the Middle School championship together and I say it all the time, high school girls basketball is about more than putting good players on the court. You have to know how to win. Those close games LC won this year were because they know how to win a game and they NEVER panic. Really I guess you could say they don't know how to lose. My daughter is a Sophomore and since the sixth grade can count the games they have lost on her hands (literally). Why in the world would anyone doubt they will continue to win next year? They will lose a couple more this year (maybe Friday night at Greenfield) and a few next year but still be a good basketball team.

South Fulton and Greenfield are going to continue to get better and are very good solid teams. That will not change in the near future either.

I guess what we are trying to say is you can say GC will dominate, will finish second, will go to the glass house every year.......but until they can beat Greenfield, South Fulton, Lake County, and Union City on a nightly basis, it may not happen.

Winning middle school games means nothing!!!! High School basketball is a completely different level than middle school....

I heard all of this talk about Lake Co. several years ago when they won it all in middle school with TT, Carnation and all of those others. In my opinon, they should've won a state championship over these past 4 years with all of that talent. Something isn't right with that picture. You say it's about more than putting good players on the court.... I'm clueless here because usually good players is what wins high school championships. It did at Gibson Co. anyways.....

Same with Union City.... UNION CITY SHOULD WIN STATE THIS YEAR OR NEXT! If they don't, they will be the same ole story that Lake Co. was.

Do you not realize that Gibson Co. is competing in a much tougher district right now than they would be in 14A? Like I said, you guys let this loss to Greenfield go to your head quick. Yes, it's a big win for them and bad loss for us, however, look at the games where we played Dyersburg, Westview, Obion down to the wire and 2 of those 3 games were away games. Also, we beat Greenfield earlier this year at our place by like 12, but we were up by as many as 20 in the game. I'm just trying to tell you people, you really don't want to see Gibson Co. come into 14A next year or for the next 8-10 years. The young talent is there in the middle school's and in our Freshman class.

Come on chipper, get over it and admit it, union city has just been luck over and over and over again. I sure hope more teams keep having those bad games against UC because we all know they can't be the cause of any of that. Somebody even mentioned how ensworth was coming off that Christmas break, not UC, they apparently don't celebrate Christmas.

Please stop taking statements out of context. Ensworth did not practice over the Christmas break. They were not at game speed. UC is a very good time which was missing it's best player. Match ups was a big problem with UC not being able to scout before playing too.

GC you continue to use Dyersburg, Westview, and Obion Central in proving your point how much better GC is than the teams in 14A.....just because ya'll "played" with them? Let's look at how those teams have faired against 14A this year. Dyersburg has only played two 14A schools both of which are at the bottom of the district. They beat Bradford in a game that was close until the end, and Halls really bad. Westview is 2-2 against 14A opponents with a win against Greenfield who beat GC. Obion Central is 2-0 against 14A beating South Fulton twice in games that SF could have easily won including an OT win. Using these teams does not help your case at all.

You can take shots at the last few LC teams all you want. Yes we should have a couple of gold balls and don't.....but we have a very good basketball program, as do some other 14A schools......you will experience that firsthand over the next few years.

Pretty funny how you blast us for talking middle school games and then end your post saying how ya'll are about to get good middle school players.......Middle school is where you learn to win and it prepares you for the next level........or at least it does here in LC. lol

Winning middle school games means nothing!!!! High School basketball is a completely different level than middle school....

I heard all of this talk about Lake Co. several years ago when they won it all in middle school with TT, Carnation and all of those others. In my opinon, they should've won a state championship over these past 4 years with all of that talent. Something isn't right with that picture. You say it's about more than putting good players on the court.... I'm clueless here because usually good players is what wins high school championships. It did at Gibson Co. anyways.....

Same with Union City.... UNION CITY SHOULD WIN STATE THIS YEAR OR NEXT! If they don't, they will be the same ole story that Lake Co. was.

Do you not realize that Gibson Co. is competing in a much tougher district right now than they would be in 14A? Like I said, you guys let this loss to Greenfield go to your head quick. Yes, it's a big win for them and bad loss for us, however, look at the games where we played Dyersburg, Westview, Obion down to the wire and 2 of those 3 games were away games. Also, we beat Greenfield earlier this year at our place by like 12, but we were up by as many as 20 in the game. I'm just trying to tell you people, you really don't want to see Gibson Co. come into 14A next year or for the next 8-10 years. The young talent is there in the middle school's and in our Freshman class.

GC, got news for you. What GC did in the past is not gonna get you any wins next year. The players now have different coaches and don't know what it takes to win the way your teams did in the past. Next year I can see GC being anywhere from 2nd-5th in 14A. We in 14A welcome the addition of GC but certainly don't fear their arrival.

Greenfield got shelled last night at Gleason. It ended up being 51-30, or something like that. The Lady Jackets fall to 9-6 with the loss. Our offense just disappears for long stretches of time....and never shows up, sometimes....like with this game. Also, Gleason was hot as a firecracker....shot well.