District 14A 2012-2013 Who ya got?

UCTdoes

Interesting consolation matchup tonight. If I understand the brackets, it looks like the winner of this game dooms themselves to a potential elimination game against Union City, while the loser could very possibly have the easiest road to substate. LC will be without Wiggins tonight but she may return for the first regional game.

Interesting consolation matchup tonight. If I understand the brackets, it looks like the winner of this game dooms themselves to a potential elimination game against Union City, while the loser could very possibly have the easiest road to substate. LC will be without Wiggins tonight but she may return for the first regional game.

You hit it right on the head.I know what I hope happens.Chipper and I were talking about this scenario the other night while we were losing to South fulton.Union City is the only dominant team in our district.Getting 4th place gets a game with the other district's number 1 team but maybe at least a chance to win.Otherwise get third place and play their number 2 teams which could be a tough game and then more than likely play Union city in a loser go home game in which we would be heavy underdogs.I know LC isnt the team as in past years but at the same time,would like for them to go as far as they can and have Simone go out on a winning note.And not impossible to make it to the region championship and sub-state and who knows,a trip to state .But the key is staying away from Union city.Same for the Lake co boys.Have to get there to win and if they stay out of foul trouble,can beat most any Single A team on a given night.But Union City looks to be the best team in the boys,and have the best outside shooters.Know what I'm hoping for for both our teams.These games arent nowhere near as big as the region.And sometimes .could mean taking a different approach.I know a coach is going to lay down or lose on purpose but I can remember years ago Lc had a chance to do the same thing in the boys game and a chance to put Humboldt-Union City in the same bracket in the region.They didnt and had to play Un ion City and lost by about 3 points I think.Humboldt went on to the State and I believe Lake Co had beaten them 2 of 3 times or all 3 times.Humboldt made it to the championship,had about a 14 point lead and lost the championship by 1 or 2 points.Have to get there to have a chance.

Problem with that train of thought for the boys is that Humboldt could very easily beat UC in the Championship game. I have said many times that to me Humboldt is the most talented team in the district. They are long athletic and have depth. UC is the most skilled team with good shooters and good coaching as well. On the girls side it may not be bad to be in the fourth spot b/c I do not see UC getting upset in the championship game to follow. Thing is as a coach, in the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game!!"

I'll go ahead and jump in here before Jackson county has to. Yes, the big girl is still at Jackson county, and that big girl's "standing" was probably the main reason our girls struggled against them last year. I'm sure most teams would love to have her "just standing" on their team.

Thanks for defending " Big Girl ", Makenzie Hensley does more than stand in the way. Was really hoping to see her and Fair go at it again this year. Too bad it won't happen. :(

Edited by bob77

Wow! You dont want Jackson County, Purple. You dont want Clark Range either but you will see one or the other before the championship game. Good luck!

Actually GF we do want Jackson CO or Clarkrange.....By the way GF have you seen either team in person.....I didnt think so....Your team cant stay on the floor with UC so you are hoping someone else can I guess....Good luck getting Greenfield to a level where they can beat UC this year or next!!!

Actually GF we do want Jackson CO or Clarkrange.....By the way GF have you seen either team in person.....I didnt think so....Your team cant stay on the floor with UC so you are hoping someone else can I guess....Good luck getting Greenfield to a level where they can beat UC this year or next!!!

You DON'T want Jackson Co. until the championship. If you say you do, you are not very smart. Jackson Co. will end your season before you see a state championship game. Keep in mind, Jackson Co. is the power of Single A girls basketball in all of Tennessee. They go to the big show every year. They know what it takes to win it all. You guys are still figuring it out. Trust me, you don't want Jackson Co. until the championship.

Wow! You dont want Jackson County, Purple. You dont want Clark Range either but you will see one or the other before the championship game. Good luck!

You think I give two rips about Jackson County or Clarkrange ??;;;;You know me well enough to know I certainly don't....If Union City plays their game and don't look like a bunch deer caught in the head lights like they did at the start of the semi-final game last year they will be just fine....

I'll go ahead and jump in here before Jackson county has to. Yes, the big girl is still at Jackson county, and that big girl's "standing" was probably the main reason our girls struggled against them last year. I'm sure most teams would love to have her "just standing" on their team.

She reminds me of the Gaines kid that played at White House a few years ago...EVERYBODY was yapping about how great he was...Union City ran that dude out of the gym...Met him at half court coming and going....You remember last year in the third quarter when UC settled down and finally pressed and played their game what happened ??...UC will be just fine this year IF the two meet...You can't discount experience and this bunch is already showing and proving it ....Will be a great match-up...If it does happen...