Blount County Jamboree Moved to Maryville

Red Rebels

The best thing that came out of last night is That Alcoa scored the first real touchdown on that field. Then to beat it all my boy scored the second. WoW gotta love the Alcoa Maryville rivial.

Since the Jamboree is a scrimmage, and Maryville had a scrimmage there last Tuesday I am thinking the first "real" touchdown, will come August 26th. Could be by Alcoa, just not yet determined. JMO.

In other news, how'd that pretty, new carpet do

last night? Maybe they had to vacuum it before the boosters came out today to meet their seats. Better do that instead of play middle school

ball anyway - gotta keep that money flowing to build that dome.

The events being held at the field today at MHS were scheduled WAY before the middle school jamboree was to be canceled.

haha all i'm saying is wb didnt look as bad as people have been making them out to be. yea alcoa didnt have all their starters in, but some were in. also you got to realize alcoa is a veteran team, while wb has 4 seniors this year( i think) correct me if i'm wrong. but i saw some good things to build on, wb played very physical on d and contained alcoa's backs pretty well, also the offense showed some promise until that fumble.

I want to compliment the Heritage Band Boosters are doing such a good job on such a short notice!

Question: Why didn't Heritage get the home side? I thought this was their privilege as the host team. I know some Heritage fans sat on the home side, but why didn't the team and their cheerleaders get the Home Team "advantage?"

APB...The Tornadoes looked solid on offense. Peyton looks bigger and better! Consider those black pellets as the ashes of the first sacrificial victim to get burned on the new turf. Makes it a little sweeter knowing it was the remains of "those who will not play you!"

oh , ok! I should have said , some of our county bretheren that have become Maryville fans for one reason or another. Tough aint it?

Don't knock it. If you took those county Brethren (actually correct spelling, being in school admin, you should know that) that have become Maryville fans for "one reason or another" away, Maryville's fan base would be cut by a third.

as i recall maryville fans were saying the same shizz last year after wb beat them in the jamboree," quarles was going easy on wb, none of the starters on defense were in yadayada, wb wont even score on us in the regular season" etc.,and ya'll do remember how that turned out, as i recall wb scored more points on them than anybody else did all year. the fact is quarles and rankin are both competitors and do not go easy on anyone.

G91, First you say WB looked ok "considering they were playing Alcoa". Now you are talking about some crap in last years jamboree and WB scoring some points on MHS last year. Please quit with all of the moral victory junk. Don't you get it, winners don't put much into that stinking jamboree. You try to get out of there without injuries. WB better get someone in there that can change the whole atmosphere of that place, because moral victories don't cut it.

In other news, how'd that pretty, new carpet do

last night? Maybe they had to vacuum it before the boosters came out today to meet their seats. Better do that instead of play middle school

ball anyway - gotta keep that money flowing to build that dome.

No doubt about that frydaddy. What are those young kids gonna do if they get mad? Change schools? Go to webb, cak, or grace? I doubt it. No guarantee of a ring over there. Just suck it up boys and be glad you still even have a school. IMO - the days of the public schools are about to end anyway.

Countryreb, what kinda seat did that $20 donation get you? Was it enough to get your picture made with the coaching staff? If so, post a copy on here.

You are right oldreb. It is not murvil's ad's responsibility to host every game every time it rains. But it sure would have been a great gesture - just like the high school scrimmages. Sounds like poor planning on someone's part - no real surprise.

So my govs looked good only giving up 17 to alcoa - surprise there that alcoa didn't score 28. My rebels held up to not pour it on hairtage - surprise there after we scored 60+ on them last year. Maybe the magic carpet will make a difference this year!

How did the field look?