Youth Football in Blount County 2012.

REBELRON

cR looks like eye may haiv two taik a littull ride down two tha Caimpground vurry soon.....thumb[1].gif

Stars I agree with that. Rumors are the Irvin kid is headed our way already, but I'm sure you can secure the deal. The qb Myric will be hard to get from what I've heard. His dad is partial to the other city school in the area. We sure could use him as the current mms is using a converted tightend at qb this year. Go get'em and good luck.

Could someone let me know if there is a weight limit for RB's and QB's in this league for the juniors? Also what is the age limit for 8th graders?

Some of the football being talked about on here is youth (Parks and Rec) league, and some is Middle School. The oldest league in Parks and Rec (Midgets) is 11 and 12 year olds, cut off date being August 31st. 8th graders would be middle school in Blount County unless you had a really young 8th grader.

Some of the football being talked about on here is youth (Parks and Rec) league, and some is Middle School. The oldest league in Parks and Rec (Midgets) is 11 and 12 year olds, cut off date being August 31st. 8th graders would be middle school in Blount County unless you had a really young 8th grader.

Is there a weight limit at youth level? So being middle school it does not matter, correct?

Sorry mlreb, but countryreb is right on with this one. I saw the game. 36-0 with 11 minutes to go in the 2nd qtr - total domination. The studs finally came out with 3 minutes left in the game. I don't think it's anything between the 2 coaches. I think that's just "the way he rolls". Most everyone knows it and accepts it. Why are you so defensive about it? Just curious.

That group may be the best group ever to come through the midget league. Great speed, good size, with headhunters. They looked dominant last night. 5star is right, the junior high coach is going to have alot of fun with that group.

The 10U murvil team also looked very good. That #44 looked awesome. I think he scored 3-4 td's on 4-5 carries. He appears to be the real deal.

I'm new to this board, but was at the game last night. I've decided I must have been watching a different game than you were. I didn't see #30 or #8 for Maryville carry the ball after the first few minutes of the third quarter. Early in the third, At lease on offense, I don't know what linemen were in the game for the Maryville team, but the running backs were very small and it wasn't #30 or #8. Maryville only scored 6 points in the second half, so either Alcoa got a lot better in the second half or Maryville didn't have all their starters in the game. (I've found out pretty quick about reading CoachT that I can't believe what I read in lots of cases)

I'm new to this board, but was at the game last night. I've decided I must have been watching a different game than you were. I didn't see #30 or #8 for Maryville carry the ball after the first few minutes of the third quarter. Early in the third, At lease on offense, I don't know what linemen were in the game for the Maryville team, but the running backs were very small and it wasn't #30 or #8. Maryville only scored 6 points in the second half, so either Alcoa got a lot better in the second half or Maryville didn't have all their starters in the game. (I've found out pretty quick about reading CoachT that I can't believe what I read in lots of cases)

You are a quick learner ;)

Welcome aboard newrebel! It sounds like we were at the same game. You are right, those two kids didn't carry it late AND I am right, they didn't come out until about 3 minutes left. So I think we agree? I believe the original comment was the studs playing late into the fourth qtr? Unless they switched jerseys on the sidelines, I believe they were on the field fairly late. But again, there is nothing wrong if that is the way you roll - so please RELAX. Those two kids looked great last night along with #7, #40, #77, etc. BTW - I don't care if alcoa gets beat by 100. You are a quick learner about believing everything you read. It depends on the color of your reading glasses. rolleyes.gif