Youth Football in Blount County 2012.

REBELRON

There needs to be a keg party thrown for all the "haters" here on coacht. Maybe do it on the magic carpet. Once everyone got good and toasted, the bu!!$&!t would get pretty deep.rolleyes.gif

As for moving up or staying put - IMO - I don't think it affects a kids development much at all. They miss out on a year and those memories at one place, and they gain a year and other memories somewhere else. If they are good enough, they will likely get a chance to play. UNLESS, the coach wants to play returning players who have "earned" it when those returners are not as good. Hate it when that happens, but it sometimes happens.

I do not think it really matters as long as they are playing. Mine stayed down , it is a personal decision.

Dang, I hate to admit that I agree with GR. The only real reason I entered the discussion was because CountryREB posted, "I believe the little rebs coach puts to much pressure on the kids that should move up to stay from what I have heard.", which is totally incorrect. As you state about moving up, it is a personal decision by the parents and only those parents decide who "should or shoud not" move up.

BTW, I got accused of being a hater. I am far from it! My kids had great experiences at MMS with Coach Malone and company!

Keep going.....the real source of your bitterness is finally about to come out, just go ahead and say it, you have been dying to for months now. I know of 3 that moved up and started, only them and their fathers know whether or not it was the right move for them. There were a couple that moved up that probably had no business doing so, IMO. You talk about some that were asked to come up... even if that is true, I am sure they were not promised anything, they still would have had to go out and earn playing time. And if there are "sour feelings" as you say, evidently they were not able to earn enough playing time to satisfy them and/or their parents.

no parents involved, sorry. Again no bitterness just fact. You can take your 1-9 / 3-7 's and be bitter.

no parents involved, sorry. Again no bitterness just fact. You can take your 1-9 / 3-7 's and be bitter.

Really, ok. MJH plays at Sevier Co. tonight, meet me at the concessions at halftime and let me buy you a coke and a hot dog. I am 5'11", will be wearing khaki shorts with grey t-shirt, a camoflage hat with an orange power T on the front, head is Kojak smooth as my beautiful wife gives me a razor shave every other day. See you there. We will root for the Coach Malone and the team together. I know we can all get along.

Edited by jake

Really, ok. MJH plays at Sevier Co. tonight, meet me at the concessions at halftime and let me buy you a coke and a hot dog. I am 5'11", will be wearing khaki shorts with grey t-shirt, a camoflage hat with an orange power T on the front, head is Kojak smooth as my beautiful wife gives me a razor shave every other day. See you there.

That is a long way to drive for a hot dog and a coke , make it a steak and I'll come.icon_mrgreen.gif Edited by GREYRIDER

Really, ok. MJH plays at Sevier Co. tonight, meet me at the concessions at halftime and let me buy you a coke and a hot dog. I am 5'11", will be wearing khaki shorts with grey t-shirt, a camoflage hat with an orange power T on the front, head is Kojak smooth as my beautiful wife gives me a razor shave every other day. See you there. We will root for the Coach Malone and the team together. I know we can all get along.

I think that's the most sensible thing I've heard in a long time. In fact, I'll make that trip and buy you both a Coke and hot dog. You shouldn't be hard to miss Jake. What can I expect out of you weaklink?

I am sorry that I was unable to attend it was a little short notice. Thank you for inviting me that means so much.