Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

What a game! This one was 4 and a 1/2 minutes from being an instant classic. I wish the game could have ended with a long drive with Alcoa or Maryville stopping them......to finish this awesome game. Just watched the game on replay and you could tell the play by play guys wanted it to be an exciting ending. Any body else just plain worn out from the heat? I am.

Always feels good to beat alcoa. Aaaahhh...yes.

I haven't watched the replay yet, but with 10 minutes left in the game (and even now), I thought alcoa had the better team. Then it seemed there was a cramp, a penalty, a turnover(s?), and we win by 18.

Good to see #'s 11 and 39 play such a big role for murvil. They have definitely put in the time. Nothing like game experience. Great catch by 16.

Good luck to alcoa. Blocking down and pulling that guard out of the unbalanced set looks awesome. Both teams represented.

Malik will be fine. I was proud of the effort we put out. Left some points on the field in the first half. Alcoa needs to start putting a play clock into their practices. Two deadly delays kept us from possibly stretching the lead.

I still really like our chances to get back to Cookeville... A lot.

I like your chances too, APB. Alcoa has a really good team, I was much more impressed with them today than against Webb. Now go put about 50 on Greeneville.

Another Pistull Creik Battull inn tha books......

1. Totully differunt stiles......And rilly hit come down two tha teem tha maid tha fewust mistaiks......

b. Alcouh iz so fizzicull and shood win out.....

3. Eye wood like two know what tha purcintige iz ov Mairvul puttin' points on tha bored inn tha GQ era when thay git a stop rite befour haiftime.....(off tha charts)......

4. Luved tha littull slant passes off tha qb-wb read inn tha seccund haif that Myers ran....

e. Eye thawt both MLB's played thair tails off......wif Crenshaw pullin' dubble dooty.......and Townsend maid a lot ov plays givin' up a hundred lbs. agin those big ole AHS linemen.....

popcorneater.gif

'STARSNBARS'

1. Totully differunt stiles......And rilly hit come down two tha teem tha maid tha fewust mistaiks......

3. Eye wood like two know what tha purcintige iz ov Mairvul puttin' points on tha bored inn tha GQ era when thay git a stop rite befour haiftime.....(off tha charts)......

4. Luved tha littull slant passes off tha qb-wb read inn tha seccund haif that Myers ran....

e. Eye thawt both MLB's played thair tails off......wif Crenshaw pullin' dubble dooty.......and Townsend maid a lot ov plays givin' up a hundred lbs. agin those big ole AHS linemen.....

popcorneater.gif

Stars I looked and looked fer you an Momma,but the cameras were pointed Alcoa's bench ,crowd..only a few short times towards M'ville's way...was really a great game till around 9 min left when the oblong ball bounced y'alls way ..felt bad for Alcoas 23 on PUNT the ball bouncing off his back ..,I thought it was deeper man/s fault fer not signaling him.. then GQ took advantage of 23 on the pass 2 plays later..Turbeyville having to leave in 2nd quater didnt help Alcoa either..seems it was a hip-pointer that hobbled him....Maryville played ann excellent game with a bunch of newer players..but excecuted well from many yeears of great coaching,especioally the deep backs and Myers is a good'un for sho..GQ ,Maryville are a #1 class act ..really appericated the pats on back from both teams at the end .

.Hey was Susie at the game.??. never saw so many good lookin young ladies sportin em shorts ,thought maybe she brought the style back in ..anyways great game by both and lookin for both to win Gold in their classes again..

'STARSNBARS'

popcorneater.gif

Stars I looked and looked fer you an Momma,but the cameras were pointed Alcoa's bench ,crowd..only a few short times towards M'ville's way...was really a great game till around 9 min left when the oblong ball bounced y'alls way ..felt bad for Alcoas 23 on PUNT the ball bouncing off his back ..,I thought it was deeper man/s fault fer not signaling him.. then GQ took advantage of 23 on the pass 2 plays later..Turbeyville having to leave in 2nd quater didnt help Alcoa either..seems it was a hip-pointer that hobbled him....Maryville played ann excellent game with a bunch of newer players..but excecuted well from many yeears of great coaching,especioally the deep backs and Myers is a good'un for sho..GQ ,Maryville are a #1 class act ..really appericated the pats on back from both teams at the end .

.Hey was Susie at the game.??. never saw so many good lookin young ladies sportin em shorts ,thought maybe she brought the style back in ..anyways great game by both and lookin for both to win Gold in their classes again..

All goodur points DHSFB64....Momma maiks awful good shaid.......

wub.png

All is right in the world and as things should be. Alcoa looked very good and for a great deal of the game looked like the better team at times. However the best teams don't make several key mistakes, turnovers, delay of games and ect.., Again Maryville did what it always does, stay patient, take what is given and wear down the opponet. Trade marks of the program. Can't beat a good team with mistakes unless you are a whole alot better. Alcoa is good but not good enough this year. MHS got beat deep as Rankin did a great job calling those two deep plays. GQ came right back just after the turn over with play action and made a key strike himself to put the game on ice.

Congratz to both teams and good luck to Alcoa