MBA vs. Trinity

BigRedDog00

So what challenges will MBA face this year after being caught and penalized via recruiting?

What are non-MBA football enthusiasts supposed to feel about MBA and its program after nasty politics and the coaching position, spilling into school administration, and their recent (haha) involvement in recruiting?

Trinity blows through BA 52-23. MBA beats Kingsbury 51-0, not sure if that says much but that was the score. Any thoughts on how MBA wil fare against Trinity Friday.

After giving up 66 to Trinity a year ago, MBA faces another significant challenge this year. There's little doubt Trinity will win, but it'll be interested to see how the Big Red handle such a balanced, talented, deep team. They'll be better for the experience.

MBA looked good last week, but Kinsbury was indeed terrible. Absent suspensions or significant injuries, the Shamrocks will win, likely by a large margin. Just too much firepower and depth. MBA will especially struggle in the defensive secondary, in my opinion. The Big Red is solid up front, but has no real skill on the outside. Having said all that, I hope I am wrong.

I was also surprised to see MBA's numbers are down for football. I counted only 59 boys on the team. From the late 90's until recently, we've typically had around 75. That lack of depth starts to show up, especially on special teams and later in the year.

Roll Red.

MBA looked good last week, but Kinsbury was indeed terrible. Absent suspensions or significant injuries, the Shamrocks will win, likely by a large margin. Just too much firepower and depth. MBA will especially struggle in the defensive secondary, in my opinion. The Big Red is solid up front, but has no real skill on the outside. Having said all that, I hope I am wrong.

I was also surprised to see MBA's numbers are down for football. I counted only 59 boys on the team. From the late 90's until recently, we've typically had around 75. That lack of depth starts to show up, especially on special teams and later in the year.

Roll Red.

I noticed the smaller numbers as well. I also noticed that only 35 or so boys came out for 7th grade football, which is maybe half of recent numbers. I hate to see boys give on the football so early on in their athletic careers.

It'll be another Byrnes debacle. BA is better than MBA and they got trounced by 30. Trinity could put 70 on MBA this year.

The game will not be as bad as the Byrnes game several years ago. Byrnes had SEC quality players in the skilled positions and MBA simply did not have the speed to run with Byrnes. While Trinity has a good program you would see Byrnes handle them 8 of 10 games. Speed kills and Byrnes has a great mixture of power and speed.

I noticed the smaller numbers as well. I also noticed that only 35 or so boys came out for 7th grade football, which is maybe half of recent numbers. I hate to see boys give on the football so early on in their athletic careers.

There has been a lot of negative publicity about football in general recently (injuries concussions etc). It could very well be that we are seeing the beginning of a larger trend of parents encouraging their boys to other team sports other then football. On one level I understand that, the injuries are real and sometimes lifelong. I was lucky that with my 2 boys all we had was a broken arm (albeit with a huge scar from the surgery), but if you asked either one they would tell you that playing football was the highlight of their years at MBA Edited by BigRedDad