CAK vs. Darlington (Rome,GA)

FootballDad

The KNS Prep Extra has the opponent all messed up on the website. They have them listed as "Darlington Road Academy". The GHSA list of member schools has Darlington School of Rome, GA. This is from the school website:

Founded in 1905 by John Paul and Alice Allgood Cooper,

Alice Cooper started a school??

Is it out in the summer?

• Upvote 1

CAK wins 42-23 but loses J.Smith most likely for 6-8 weeks with what appeared to be a broken collar bone. Huge loss. CAK still has a very potent offense, just not as explosive without #25.

CAK controlled most of the game but got a bit sloppy late with 4 turnovers (1 Int and 3 fumbles). Darlington was a well coached and disciplined team and played hard the entire game. They were just outmatched by the offensive fire power of the Warriors, but overall I was impressed with Darlington. I believe they will win a lot of games this year. Their QB was very poised and made some good plays. Thanks again to all their fans and to the school for agreeing to come to Knoxville this year. I believe they could prove to be a good opponent for years to come if the schools agree on playing each other again.

Congrats to D.Howell for breaking the TN High School State Record tonight for total number of catches in a career. He needed 8 coming into the game and ended up with 11 for app. 170 yards. Each catch he makes this year will just add to his record, and I bet he will make a boat load of them, especially with J.Smith being out for awhile. C.High had another big night with 440 yards passing. Thats insane, but 300+ yards are really the norm for him now. In his first 2 games this year he has thrown for 505 and 440.

Defensively we still struggled. But it was encouraging to see that Coach Bradley was willing to play the offensive players on both sides of the ball when needed. When he does that it literally & figuratively is a completely different defense with noticably improved results. That strategy will be necessary to win some of the games on the schedule this year.

With all due respect, there are not NEARLY as many East TN teams who would play CAK as you think.

Both CAK and Webb had this date open up on their schedules with LCA backing out from playing CAK and Ensworth opting to play Lexington Catholic on ESPN last night. I know for a fact that Webb offerred to play CAK at CAK and they wouldn't agree to do it. Just sayin'

ExSpartan: I alluded to this in previous posts. Webb is willing to play CAK without question. Personally I would like to see CAK play Webb & Catholic every year. I have family at both schools. The CAK team would like to play both of those schools as well. However; there are issues that do not need to be discussed on public forums that have soured the possibility of that happening anytime soon. CAK without question has risen up the ladder of respect in the sphere of football prowess and that apparently disturbs some Webb supporters. Once again, I personally would like to see CAK & Webb play each year but don't expect it anytime soon.

Hate to hear about Josh Smith getting hurt......get well soon young man we're pulling for you.

As explosive as he is as a wide receiver and punt returner, I think they will miss him more at safety. They try to restrict his reps at safety to reduce chance of injury, ironically. I believe I'm correct that the AC back last week had all his long runs when #25 was out.