Greenback against the Bears of Tellico

orngnblk

I don't see this bunch "playing down" this year. I know you're not sold yet on this years bunch being legit but they're the real deal. They're gonna play up more than down. If they don't make a deep run it will be a huge upset. They are as good as any GB team in the last decade & they have depth. That's huge in 1A.

Thanks Crow you Oneida folks are at least keeping me occupied in this thread,i guess Tellico has no follwers.I dont really like talking about the rest of the season other than who we play next week.I have a young lineman on this squad and i like to keep him focused(actually he keeps me focused)these kids shore do love this game.I hope they just keep the intensity level very highWe have a pretty tough schedule left gotta WIN THE DAY!!!!!!.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see this bunch "playing down" this year. I know you're not sold yet on this years bunch being legit but they're the real deal. They're gonna play up more than down. If they don't make a deep run it will be a huge upset. They are as good as any GB team in the last decade & they have depth. That's huge in 1A.

Not me crow, as the Monkees sang so long ago "I'm a believer" O&B and I talked last year about this being the year for the nation to rise up and take command of the east if it was going to happen anytime soon. If they can stay healthy in key areas it is a possibility but not a given. Honestly I didn't think last years bunch would "play down" but they never seemed to win the easy games easily, if you know what I mean. One difference I've seen in this years bunch seems to be "just having fun" and that may be the key to it all. Play with passion just because its what you love not to get your name in the paper or impress your girlfriend or pad your stats or so mom and dad will be proud, play because it feels great when you scrape off tackle and blow the lead back up in the hole or when you read the receivers eyes and break early enough for the pick 6 or pound it down their throats until they crepe up and then throw it over the top. That is what is fun about the game.

Not me crow, as the Monkees sang so long ago "I'm a believer" O&B and I talked last year about this being the year for the nation to rise up and take command of the east if it was going to happen anytime soon. If they can stay healthy in key areas it is a possibility but not a given. Honestly I didn't think last years bunch would "play down" but they never seemed to win the easy games easily, if you know what I mean. One difference I've seen in this years bunch seems to be "just having fun" and that may be the key to it all. Play with passion just because its what you love not to get your name in the paper or impress your girlfriend or pad your stats or so mom and dad will be proud, play because it feels great when you scrape off tackle and blow the lead back up in the hole or when you read the receivers eyes and break early enough for the pick 6 or pound it down their throats until they crepe up and then throw it over the top. That is what is fun about the game.

Dang Matback i could swear i heard The Boys of Fall playing in the background as i was wipen a tear!Great post you hit the nail on the head,just a bunch of good ole boys loving the game!

Bring on the bulldog and his big eared buddies!!!

Really not anything to say about this game,reserves were coming in in the second quarter.Tellico has a TOP NOTCH COACH up there!He gets my respect and the whole teams i am sure.Best of luck Tellico i hope you all can get it turned around.Stay tuned Wartburg thread will start after the indians play them tonight!Oneida do not overlook these bulldogs!Look at the GCA and Rockwood game-not taking anything away from Rocwood but i am sure Mr McKamey overlooked them a little bit. Edited by orngnblk

Really not anything to say about this game,reserves were coming in in the second quarter.Tellico has a TOP NOTCH COACH up there!He gets my respect and the whole teams i am sure.Best of luck Tellico i hope you all can get it turned around.Stay tuned Wartburg thread will start after the indians play them tonight!Oneida do not overlook these bulldogs!Look at the GCA and Rockwood game-not taking anything away from Rocwood but i am sure Mr McKamey overlooked them a little bit.

Yeah, this was an old fashioned beat down. Tellico didn't look bad the first series until GB went for it on 4th and 20 and scored. Tellico looked and played deflated from that point on. Nothing went their way, GB probably could have hung 100 on them. GB really dominated both lines. With the exception of maybe two plays, Tellico couldn't buy a block. There didn't appear to be a real physical mismatch in the trenches, Tellico had some size and a few athletic looking kids but GB's line just played much better.

GB is rolling, I'm starting to believe this could be a special year. No real negatives for GB other than if the D-backs had played the ball they could easily have had 4 picks. Guys were in good position to make tackles had the passes been better or the recievers able to make the catch but for some reason we didn't seem to want the ball. Our guys acted like somebody was tossing them a porcupine rather than a pig skin. We might need a pick or two against a better team in the future.

Tellico has their work cut out for them. They lost to a better team last night but shouldn't have been routed like that at home. I hope they get a win soon and turn the program around.

It's not a strong year for SP. I have seen 10 SP teams in last 20 years as good as this one. This is the most average SP team since 2006.

I can agree with that and thats why 1a will be a dogfight this season.When SP is loaded,there's no comp.But I fully expect you fellers to be right there with the best.

It's not a strong year for SP. I have seen 10 SP teams in last 20 years as good as this one. This is the most average SP team since 2006.

SOUTH PITT IS THE TEAM TO BEAT!!!We are playing good ball right now but they are the measuring stick in 1A football.This is a special Greeback team no doubt,but to be the man you have to beat the man,and we couldnt do that for four quarters last yr.Wartburg is the next test for our little school,thats the only one that matters,we have to WIN THE DAY!We are three games in anything and most of the time weird things happen as a season roll along,lets just enjoy each game and see where the road ends.No disrespect Mr Ambassador but we cant afford to look ahead,but i do love reading your posts because you usually cut thru the BS! Edited by orngnblk