Eagles vs The Big Red

shakinthefat

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Coach Redmond's prescense makes a difference. What matters is can MBA's DB's and LB's cover BA's backs and receivers? Overall, I think BA wins that battle--however, can the QB (Staver) make plays--hit open receivers in stride in an offense that puts a premium on accuracy? That's the game.

Edited by doct

I don't think MBA can cover BA 's receivers the whole game. Players play and coaches coach--and BA has superior athleticism. That's not disputed. The difference is when those receivers break open, will the ball be on target and on time? If so, game to BA. If not, MBA pounds the smaller BA defense and burns the clock and scores enough to win.

will the BA receivers be open? i'm not sure you will find a better set of 4 starting receivers in the entire state. all have great hands and are very fast. all will play at the next level.

Coach redmond is a great guy but this is a new HC and not the predictable one we have had the past few yrs. C redmond has not worked with white. that said, i still think MBA wins it tomorrow nite. Doct is correct, BA gets the offense going, it will be a close call. if not, MBA will wear them down. in the end it is early in the season and all DII AA make the playoffs so that's where i'm hoping BA will be at the top of their game

I don't know what to think about this one. My guess is it will be a close one, perhaps decided by turnovers and/or special teams. I made the mistake last week of underestimating MBA's DB's against a powerful and athletic Trinity side. Certainly one game does not a season make, but I would caution anyone who thinks BA's receivers will be open the entire game. There will be big plays to be sure, but if the Big Red defense shows up up like it did last week, then they certainly have a good chance to beat the Eagles.

Offensively, I am anxious to see the continued progression by Dylan Hall and the stable of tailbacks. I was impressed by all of them last week.

Roll Red.

I don't know what to think about this one. My guess is it will be a close one, perhaps decided by turnovers and/or special teams. I made the mistake last week of underestimating MBA's DB's against a powerful and athletic Trinity side. Certainly one game does not a season make, but I would caution anyone who thinks BA's receivers will be open the entire game. There will be big plays to be sure, but if the Big Red defense shows up up like it did last week, then they certainly have a good chance to beat the Eagles.

Offensively, I am anxious to see the continued progression by Dylan Hall and the stable of tailbacks. I was impressed by all of them last week.

Roll Red.

And just imagine if Jalen Hurd was still there...

Euverard has to go

his game management cost MBA dearly last week vs Trinity

MBA is an afterthought in Middle TN football right now, good job Marty. Keep going five wide on 1st and goal and taking timeouts on 3rd and 15 deep in your opponent's territory

I assume BA won this game??