Knotts West vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

I was at the game and couldnt be more proud of my West Rebels...I know a loss is a loss but I think thats the best West has played against Maryville since the 2007 playoffs. If West can play like that the rest of their schedule but shore up the defense and special teams..I see no reason finishing up 9-1 this year and finally getting the Farragut monkey off our back and beating those guys.

Question for Maryville fans and I'm not trolling by any means I just want to know what you thought of our team last night compared to Alcoa and other good teams you have faced the last couple of years and if we earned your respect last night. I respect the Maryville program and I believe George Quarles is the best coach in Tennessee bar none. Good Luck the rest of the year and hopefully both teams can bring home the State Championships in 5A and 6A...

Go West!

Cummings has done a great job up there... he's been there, what, 12 years? And West keeps getting better and better. I think they could become THE team in Knox County over the next few.

Eye agree that West duz haiv a lot ov athleets and Cummins haz done a good job fer tham.....

WestHigh4Life, West iz vurry good on offence.....Thay are knott az fizzycull az Alcouh ..butt hoo iz (Pittsberg Stealers maybee)???.....16 iz a vurry good playur....Francis duz a nice job att QB....and #7 iz a vurry good yung one....Tha seesun iz vurry yung and hit weal bee entristin two sea how each teem develops az tha seesun goes along.....

'82 heard about the death of that young man.......Prayers to the family and friends.....Just a tragedy.....

What a game last night. Offense is looking great. Nick Myers played very well. Cody Carrol is a very good receiver. TJ Kimble keps getting better. Trenton Shular ran very hard. OLine blocked well.

Defense needs to get better. I also know the defense has seen 3 very good quarterbacks this year. Ryan Francis is a good QB. #7 is very fast and only a sophomore. West has a bunch of athletes that are well coached.

Glad Maryville has an open date next week.

Well fellers this 'un wuz a defencesive struggel.....rolleyes.gif

West got a easy TD on a scoup and scorr and then Prevo answered wif a nice kickoff return..... breakin' tackulls...draggin peepull.....and then out runnin' tham and tha scorrin wuz jist beginnin'.....

Tha good.....

1. West #7 iz a good yung fast runnin baik...

2. Shinsky's effurt on tha dump pass for a TD....

c. Nick Myers iz playin' and managin' tha gaim vurry well....Souper effishunt...

4. Trenton Shuler's runnin' and jist az empressive two me wuz tha grait pick-up block on #16 fer West on tha bomb two Cody Carroll....

5. Cody Carroll iz tuff az nails and reeminds me ov a Chris Jordan or David Sweetland....

f. Tha entarr Mairvul O-line.....Eye meen we've scorred 40+ inn 3 gaims (thank goodness)

7. Beetin tha #1 teem inn 5A att thair place on 2 daze practuss...Aftur playin yore biggust rivul....

8. Big Dylan Jackson realizin' that Francis fer West throws a flat footbawl and gittin' those big long arms up and knockin' down a few passes inn tha seccund haif....

eye. A opun dait fer Prevo and othurs two git healthy aftur a tuff openin' stretch....

Tha bad....

1. We haiv got two git bettur on D-fence....Especially wif tha way our D iz designed two stop tha long scorrin plays....

b. We haiv got two git tha kinks werked out on kickin' extree points.....Mite come back and bite us if we don't....

Tha ugly....

a. Tha block in a baik on Coulter bye #2 on tha long run bye #7 fer West....Watch hit on tha hi-lites online on channel 8...

2. Tha clock operaytor when 'st Mairvul haid tha bawl rite befour haif....Musta haid two go two tha restrume rilly bad orr maybee a slow trigger fanger....wacko.png

I agree with everything Starz says here ( yes I can understand all of it , I am from around here after all )

West has a ton of Athletes and an Alcoa vs West game would be interesting . I do think Maryville having played Alcoa just 5 days earlier sure didn't help Maryville's performance , and I think Alcoa's defense is better than West's , but West definitely has the weapons on Offense . I wish West good luck and just like last year , I'll be pulling for you guys to win it all in 5A .... Go get her done Guys !!

It was also a little distracting that Tennessee was playing at the same time ... it seems like some of our fans have never heard of TIVO ... Guess we can't blame our boys for being distracted when a lot of our own fans were ... I'm all about them MARYVILLE REBELS BABY !!