Terrel Robinson former SP QB quits the UTC MOCS

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see why everyone is bashing the coach. He didn't bench TR. he plainly stated that job was not settled. TR may not have played very well but he was not canned. He quit on his own. He left the team. The coach may have mentioned that he could play receiver, but who doesn't want their best athletes on the field. Whether he played QB or not he should have finished this year,Transferred first of the year and moved on. Quitting on his team will reflect poorly on his resume when he tries to play elsewhere. His education should be his primary focus. I would like to see him return to UTC this fall. Good luck to Terrell whatever he decides

Edited by 91LANDERS

I had planned on taking in a few UTC games this year but I have no plans to do so now.

You know I found it odd that UTC wasn't really recruiting Phillips when so many others were. I now think it's because he didn't want a controversy with his son at QB. Think he planned all along to push TR to receiver.

I hope TR lands on his feet somewhere good. He is a very talented player.

I agree with you on the above and proud that he took a stance on what he believes!!!

I just don't see why everyone is bashing the coach. He didn't bench TR. he plainly stated that job was not settled. TR may not have played very well but he was not canned. He quit on his own. He left the team. The coach may have mentioned that he could play receiver, but who doesn't want their best athletes on the field. Whether he played QB or not he should have finished this year,Transferred first of the year and moved on. Quitting on his team will reflect poorly on his resume when he tries to play elsewhere. His education should be his primary focus. I would like to see him return to UTC this fall. Good luck to Terrell whatever he decides

I agree 91............play football and stop whining!!! Sounds like he s used to getting his way or he takes his ball and goes homeicon_mrgreen.gif

Guest Purplepastry

Co-southern conference freshman of the year. Southern Conference player of the week for 3 straight weeks. This proves for those that still needed proof that you are just a SP hater with no credibility.

My entire premise was that he was not a qb. He wants to be a qb, he could be a qb at a lower level maybe DII or DIII. He could play many DI places as a maybe a db or receiver or back. But he did not work out as a qb. He had a couple good games running primarily, and once defenses forced him to throw he has not had much sucess. That was my whole point and that he was the one that quit. Did you ever watch him over at UTC?

I agree 91............play football and stop whining!!! Sounds like he s used to getting his way or he takes his ball and goes homeicon_mrgreen.gif

IDK or pretend to know the circumstances that led T Robb to make this decision.It was his to make & I hope it wasn't a rash one.

I do know that he excelled on the field & more importantly in the classroom.

He was & is a leader on the field & off & I will not second guess the decision he made.

Good luck to T Robb in his future endeavors.He is a remarkable young man

This is incredible to me. I was at the collapse to the Citadel last year and also saw them at appy last year, there is NO WAY Huesman, jr should even be on the lips of the head coach as the starter. But if Diddy wants to be unemployed, which very easily could happen if 2012 is the same as 2011, he can start his son at whatever junior college he winds up at. Huesman should have been fired way before now, that cat is just plain stupid.

I was also at that Citadel game with Coach Satterfield's parents, I told them after the game I bet he's just sick...First half moving the ball, and then the second half couldn't fall out of a tree.

Good luck to Terrel...

Edited by cherokean

LOPAO............ ..............., ............. Zzz, ............, Old Pirate says Purple Panties ain't done nothing but showed how little he knows & the QB back ground of the 2 UTC players. Huesman maybe passed for 500-600 yds @ Baylor his senior year and as referenced earlier was recruited as RB/athlete. T Rob was recruited by the Mocs as a QB. No one said he was the proto type pocket passer but neither Jr. The type QB both are is very popular styles around the country. As for Coleman.......he quit Tennessee to get playing time & was somewhat successful @ UTC. OP would have preferred T Rob to battle even thou most realized the coach was going to push his son's playing time. It is a safe bet plenty of UTC supporters know & see the same things & will voice their opinions sooner or later. OP feels safe saying that Terrill's passing stats in High School were far better than Huesman's. Still the #1 question is........."If Huesman was not the coaches son would he have played more than the sophmore QB that had game experience and was electrifying in his time @ QB so much so he earned co-freshman of the year honors" Now as for Purple Panties's fishing story......recon us fellers have heard plenty of them....

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Guest Purplepastry

Co-southern conference freshman of the year. Southern Conference player of the week for 3 straight weeks. This proves for those that still needed proof that you are just a SP hater with no credibility.

My entire premise was that he was not a qb. He wants to be a qb, he could be a qb at a lower level maybe DII or DIII. He could play many DI places as a maybe a db or receiver or back. But he did not work out as a qb. He had a couple good games running primarily, and once defenses forced him to throw he has not had much sucess. That was my whole point and that he was the one that quit. Did you ever watch him over at UTC?

Guest Purplepastry

You aren't as smart as you think you are. Huesman played in the same style offense as Terrell did. Actually Huesman didn't throw very much at all. He isn't a drop back passer. He was recruited to Georgia Tech as a HB/Athlete in their triple option attack. Huesman is a spread QB. He NEVER played as a drop back passer.

I was only refering to the offense Coleman ran. I really don't know a lot about Huesman and what he usually does. Maybe his son is not much of a quarter back either I don't know but I saw Coleman and TR side by side and there was not comparison. TR was a runner.