Beech @ MtJuliet

werazzlin

Very Profound tandem! I really like the last comment about "...with a plan that works, Beech may not win against a decent team." Well I am here to tell you, Henry County is more than just a decent team aaacav. Our defense is not what it was on last year's championship team, but we aren't too shabby either. Hurd is the best running back I have seen - and I've seen lots of them over the years. What's more is that the Beech o-line is pretty dang good and blocking for him well. They are a supurbly put together unit on offense. It is going to be extremely difficult for MJ (or anyone else for that matter) to slow him down enough to score more points. I may be wrong and get surprised, but I see Beech running the table with Hurd getting Mr. Football in AAA.

Turnovers will be a big key. Both offenses are too good and will take advantage of every mistake. Special teams will also play a big part. The Bears are ready for Mr. Hurd and the Bucs.

Looking forward to a great game ! GO BEARS !

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with you. Henry County is probably a pretty good team. However, they did not stop Hurd. If a team can stop Hurd they can beat Beech. They have an okay passing game because they have Hurd. If a team can devise a defense to stop Hurd and force Beech to pass i don't see them as being all that strong. Just my opinion. Beech's defense was pushed around by Cookeville. The Cavs had four turnovers and some not so great play calling in the red zone that kept them out of the end zone.

I don't disagree with you. Henry County is probably a pretty good team. However, they did not stop Hurd. If a team can stop Hurd they can beat Beech. They have an okay passing game because they have Hurd. If a team can devise a defense to stop Hurd and force Beech to pass i don't see them as being all that strong. Just my opinion. Beech's defense was pushed around by Cookeville. The Cavs had four turnovers and some not so great play calling in the red zone that kept them out of the end zone.

Anyone else notice those 2 ifs in this post?

It will be a fun Friday night in the midstate. Beech vs. MJ and Riverdale vs. Siegel. If we had a bye, I'd probably venture over there to see this one.

Drewcephus put it nicely, Hurd is a beast, but Beech is not a one-man show. Their offensive line is very good. We penetrated their backfield maybe 2 or 3 times the entire game when they played us. Their QB threw for 2 touchdowns, and he sure didn't look like any sort of weak link. The defense looked a bit shaky, but our offense is very good.

I don't know anything about MJ other than they've been a top level 6A program as of late. I'll be tracking the score of this one as much as I can. Should be an excellent game.