Milan vs. South Gibson

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SGC returned the opening kickoff, and it was tied at half time. Milan came out and scored extra point blocked 13-7. in the fourth SGC was up 14-13 and milan scored another td to be up 19-14. with around a min left to play. SGC scored a td but i guess missed the PAT and milan fell short on a last attempt with seconds left SGC won 20-19

SGC returned the opening kickoff, and it was tied at half time. Milan came out and scored extra point blocked 13-7. in the fourth SGC was up 14-13 and milan scored another td to be up 19-14. with around a min left to play. SGC scored a td but i guess missed the PAT and milan fell short on a last attempt with seconds left SGC won 20-19

Thanks. I know Milan is always for real, so S. Gibson must be a power, as well. I'm just as glad that Covington does not have S. Gibson on our schedule. Playing Milan will be enough challenge.

SGC opened with kcikoff 7-0. back and forth entire half milan kicked a field goal in final seconds and missed. very deffensive game first half. IMO the field was wet from downpour hours earlier and it was hard for both sides to get going. runners kept slipping and such when they would cut up field. So first half SGC leads 7-0. Milan comes out second half and drives right down for the score ties it 7-7. they go back and forth until milan drives and scores again in the late 3rdor early 4th but misses extra point so now you have milan 13-7. SGC marches right down field and scores making it 14-13. Milan comes out and SGC stops them big and forces them to punt with 5 min left in the game. SGC gets a couple good plays for a first and appears to try and run the clock out but then starts to pass get a sack then an INT. Milan takes it in about 2 or 3 plays and puts it in and goes for two and doesnt convert so the score goes to 19-14 with 3 min and some change left. IMO Milan scored way to fast. SGC drives down field and scores with about 40 sec left on the clock they go for 2 to make it a three point game but doesnt convert so 20-19. milan takes some chunks downfield never hits a single one.

Please stop calling Milan a powerhouse. They are not and have not been since the late 90's. It is a slap in the face to programs that are a True Powerhouse such as Maryville, CAK, Alcoa. And for South Gibson don't get the big head I'm sure their are a few teams in the East that would love to Mercy you by the 2nd quarter and they would.