Maryville @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

Yeah, we lost our best WR #5 real early in the game, but wouldn't have changed the outcome. Outcoached (bigtime) outplayed, not prepared, kids looked lacadaisical even before the game started, i thought. Blade abandoned the running game, waaaayyyy too early and panicked. Blade abandoned the run completely, until later in the game when it was already decided after Prevo's long run. You have a guy in Hall who is 5'9 AT MOST out there passing the ball like he is Tom Brady...We had guys open a lot, but couldn't get it to them or they dropped it, but mostly #10 just had a really bad night...Terrible playcalling tonight i thought. And when we did call the right plays, guys would drop the ball or fumble, or Hall would overthrow them or underthrow them. That one ball he threw straight up in the air, the guy was sitting wide open in the EZ...but he lost grip, and int...Really really disappointing night as an OR fan. We just looked really really bad. But, all the credit in the world goes to Maryville, but you aren't gonna beat a team like Maryville throwing 90% of the time from the 2nd qtr onward. Right before the half i woulda ran the ball right when OR got the prevo fb recovery, but we decided to pass it 3 times in a row, which resulted in Maryville getting the ball back with over 5 mins left. I thought if we had of just ran it there we coulda went into the half with only a 14 point deficit, as well as getting the ball in the 2nd half. I like Blade a lot, but he i thought made some very poor coaching decisions tonight. Maryville should win state again. Great game Maryville, wish you the best.

This is exactly how I felt after Powell played OR. lol

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we lost our best WR #5 real early in the game, but wouldn't have changed the outcome. Outcoached (bigtime) outplayed, not prepared, kids looked lacadaisical even before the game started, i thought. Blade abandoned the running game, waaaayyyy too early and panicked. Blade abandoned the run completely, until later in the game when it was already decided after Prevo's long run. You have a guy in Hall who is 5'9 AT MOST out there passing the ball like he is Tom Brady...We had guys open a lot, but couldn't get it to them or they dropped it, but mostly #10 just had a really bad night...Terrible playcalling tonight i thought. And when we did call the right plays, guys would drop the ball or fumble, or Hall would overthrow them or underthrow them. That one ball he threw straight up in the air, the guy was sitting wide open in the EZ...but he lost grip, and int...Really really disappointing night as an OR fan. We just looked really really bad. But, all the credit in the world goes to Maryville, but you aren't gonna beat a team like Maryville throwing 90% of the time from the 2nd qtr onward. Right before the half i woulda ran the ball right when OR got the prevo fb recovery, but we decided to pass it 3 times in a row, which resulted in Maryville getting the ball back with over 5 mins left. I thought if we had of just ran it there we coulda went into the half with only a 14 point deficit, as well as getting the ball in the 2nd half. I like Blade a lot, but he i thought made some very poor coaching decisions tonight. Maryville should win state again. Great game Maryville, wish you the best.

I agree with with your assessment. You miss an open receiver and it gets picked. Prevo goes over 90 yards and it is a two td game. Probably not a game changing senario, but Oak Ridge was likely a little shell shocked at that point. You guys stil have control in your district. Good luck the rest of the year. Still a lot of football to be played.

• Still dont think Oak Ridge is ready for this game... OR played well against Powell but Powell is not last years team. If you only scored 21 against Powell I dont see OR scoring more than 7 against Maryville if that many...

Whats scary is OR has alot of skill position players that are Sr this year. How is next year team going to be? Oh and I was RIGHT OAK RIDGE WASNT READY FOR THIS GAME.

Like everyone else, I was expecting a much better game. Maryville's o-line put on a clinic last night. They had taken two steps before OR's D-line moved on every single snap. Also glad to see the defense has gotten better. I thought the D-line played outstanding as well.

No need for everyone to get so upset about Blade leaving the starters in. Get the score respectable. Everyone there who watched the game knows who won and how one-sided it was. Not a big deal. Maryville's second team is probably as good or better than teams they will be playing the remainder of the year.

I will disagree, Blade was not only out coached but he was certainly out classed as well. GQ could of let his 1's hang another 30 on them but he took his foot off the gas. Blade , well he showed it , no class. OR was never in this game but he leaves his 1's in until the end playing against soph's just to make it look like it was close. And yes , as a parent of one of the 1's I did not really like GIVING them 16 points but it is what it is. REBELS 38 - 07 1'S vs 1's.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion..... opinions are like elbows, everyone has a couple. I personally do not see where this move makes him an unclassy coach, yes he got out coached, but so does most every coach that goes up against GQ. I didn't see it as a coach trying to necessarily make a score look better, I saw it as a coach and team that came in expecting to give MHS a fight, and they absolutely got whipped in every aspect, and the coach knows they are better than what they showed and was trying to end the game with something positive to build on for the rest of the season. GQ sure didn't look like he had a problem with it, the tv camera showed him stand there and talk to Blade, with his arm around him, for a good three or four minutes. I say every coach has got to do what they deem best for their team, it isn't grasshopper football where the coaches call timeout and both teams put their B team in.

Edited by jake

... & out classed.

Greyrider, I can't say that or I'll be accused of being a Blade Hater.icon_mrgreen.gif But I too would'nt call it classless. Heck, Maryville has been so good, you haven't been in that situation. We've had teams do it to us, Hall did it last week. Not saying that it righ or wrong.

Edited by extremefury

Passing through from kingsport, heading to Nashville, thought I would catch a good game. This one was all Maryville. Their QB looked good. Prevo has good vision. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in determination. Nothing against OR, but I would rate them a mediocre team. Good luck to both the rest of the way.

Mediocre? If you say so. Maryville is just that much better then us, and everyone else for that matter. We got beat bad, but we are a better team then what we showed tonight. We abandoned our gameplan pretty early, and panicked.

What did you expect us to do, put in our JV's and let the score go a little more? GQ is a class act no doubt and wouldn't do that and I'm sure he had no problem with what Blade did. Just part of coaching. I don't understand what some of you have your panties in a wad over. This kind of stuff is what gets you all get some haters. I like Maryville, great team ,coaching staff. It's over let's move on. Maybe we'll meet in the playoffs and we can give you a better game.