The Horns head to Hampton...THE RECKONING

uknoit2

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality of education? Take one stab at which school leads the county in tenn test scores. It's the one with the smallest enrollment. Do you think that is a coincidence?

I know one thing for sure, my kid had more work in one year at Hampton than he did in 4 at Cloudland.It seems to be alot harder down there.

I know one thing for sure, my kid had more work in one year at Hampton than he did in 4 at Cloudland.It seems to be alot harder down there.

That just happened to be when regulations started being inforced....My 1st hardly cracked a book in 12yrs and was in the top 10! (Crse he has the smarts of his daddy LOL)

My last three are slammed with homework!

Im not going to stroll of the path to far here but i will say this. For instance, my wife moved from avery county to cloudland as my nieces have here recently, when they got to cloudland they was already ahead of work compared to where they was at at the time at cloudland. Im talkin like a grade or so ahead. Also could be said the same for hampton, i had 1 cousin who moved from Elizabethton to Hampton but was ahead of every1 else in her class. The quality of education may be there for the level for the small schools but were still behind. Another note every1 knows that if u play sports, chances are u grades will be better, i hardly ever went to class, missed proly 60 days my jr yr, proly more my senior yr......Graduated with all Bs, not As which i couldve proly done if id tried but i didnt have to is the point. I wish i wouldve put a little more effort forth but i didnt have to. Now ill be back on track with the forum, sorry

Maybe that's why their scores are lower. Idk. But all kids (schools) take the same tests. TCAP, ACT, etc.

I'll tell ya one thing right now and Ive spoken to TDOE and Corker personally about it.....We're not China and dont want to be!

We like freedom for all our kids to study, learn, and enjoy their youth...We like our teachers to be held accountable but still have the opportunity to actually teach (not slam as much info as they can in a few minutes based on "state guide lines" then send the rest home for mom and dad to do)...County schools do have a bad rep for not educating, but you cant change that in 1-5 yrs by govt regulations making it HARDER to learn!

And I know your wife can back me up on that as well!

Wasn't this once a football forum? :D

Edited by uknoit2

Maybe that's why their scores are lower. Idk. But all kids (schools) take the same tests. TCAP, ACT, etc.

Another thing is,mine got his foundation at Cloudland,even though Hampton was alot harder,he still finished near the top of his class. Did real well on the standand testing also. Must have been prepared pretty well.

Another thing is,mine got his foundation at Cloudland,even though Hampton was alot harder,he still finished near the top of his class. Did real well on the standand testing also. Must have been prepared pretty well.

The fact in all this remains, the fewer you as a teacher have in class, the more time you can spend on each child