The Horns head to Hampton...THE RECKONING

uknoit2

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell ya one thing right now and Ive spoken to TDOE and Corker personally about it.....We're not China and dont want to be!

We like freedom for all our kids to study, learn, and enjoy their youth...We like our teachers to be held accountable but still have the opportunity to actually teach (not slam as much info as they can in a few minutes based on "state guide lines" then send the rest home for mom and dad to do)...County schools do have a bad rep for not educating, but you cant change that in 1-5 yrs by govt regulations making it HARDER to learn!

And I know your wife can back me up on that as well!

Wasn't this once a football forum? icon_e_biggrin.gif

My dad taught for 30+ years at Cloudland. My sister has taught for 20+ in Elizabethton. I know a little about it. You can teach a kid to take a test and get good ACT, TCAP, etc scores. Then watch the "smart" ones get to college and struggle because they weren't educated. My niece is a perfect example. 4.0 and all A's in high school. Didn't get much scholarship assistance at all and was actually told that the quality of schools she came from had something to do with it.

Didn't mean to get this started... we could go on for days and days about on this subject. Sorry..... and now, back to football.

My dad taught for 30+ years at Cloudland. My sister has taught for 20+ in Elizabethton. I know a little about it. You can teach a kid to take a test and get good ACT, TCAP, etc scores. Then watch the "smart" ones get to college and struggle because they weren't educated. My niece is a perfect example. 4.0 and all A's in high school. Didn't get much scholarship assistance at all and was actually told that the quality of schools she came from had something to do with it.

Didn't mean to get this started... we could go on for days and days about on this subject. Sorry..... and now, back to football.

Ive had and still have many teachers in my family too....You're dead on! We no longer educate kids....we "teach-to-test"...Not good!