Gallatin at Brentwood

Verb58

In what will most likely be the last time that these two teams play each other for some time, the youth of Gallatin will be playing the role of a huge Underdog for Brentwoods Homecoming. With the lingering injury to Campbell the Green Wave will rely on Williams to lead them. I would like to see the Wave come out ready to play and show better composure from the last two games. The "Paint Crew" needs to learn to cheer for the Wave and not against the opposing team. Not sure how many make the trip but I will be there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what will most likely be the last time that these two teams play each other for some time, the youth of Gallatin will be playing the role of a huge Underdog for Brentwoods Homecoming. With the lingering injury to Campbell the Green Wave will rely on Williams to lead them. I would like to see the Wave come out ready to play and show better composure from the last two games. The "Paint Crew" needs to learn to cheer for the Wave and not against the opposing team. Not sure how many make the trip but I will be there.

I know rebuilding up in green wave territory but this will get ugly fast for your team.

BHS 45

WAvE 9

I doubt if we score 9 from what I have seen the last 2 weeks. This season has not turned out as hoped. Gallatin needs to improve but I am afraid the playoffs are out of reach here at mid-season.

You know the Wave are bad when GWave1 is doubting his team. Once again I agree with you GWave1. I doubt the Wave score 9 in this one. BHS 38-6

Why is Gallatin struggling so much? They were one of the very best in 5A last season, and at this time last year I was certain we were on a crash course to meet in the semifinals. I know they had a coaching change, but it is surprising to me to say the least. They ALWAYS seem to at least be competitive. My guess is if they are down, it won't be for very long.

Edited by RedSwarm10

The last time Gallatin played at Brentwood, the only mistake the Bruins made was the band ran over on the half time show and the ref's wanted to assess a delay of game call. Lassiter told the ref to look at the scoreboard(which was like 38 - 0) and told him to forget it. I fear the same will happen this time. The Bruins in an old fashioned butt kicking. However, All of you Green Wave folks still come. We always enjoy having you in Brentwood. 2 classy historically competitive programs playing on Friday night.

Edited by lbhiii

TSSAA bylaws state that any player ejected from a contest gets an automatic one game suspension, so both will be sitting Friday night. No offense to the other 5 opponents, but Brentwood could very well be the best team by far the Wave will have played thus far. Common sense tells me to find something else to do Friday night, but I have missed very few Gallatin games over the years, and my heart tells me to go and not just be a fair weather fan. I would have to agree with several others that last Friday was probably the low point in my lifetime of Gallatin football, for a number of reasons that I won't take time to list, because those that were there know what they are. All that is over though, and the rest of the season starts this week. Hopefully the Wave can go to Brentwood, play with some pride, and work on getting better.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG

TSSAA bylaws state that any player ejected from a contest gets an automatic one game suspension, so both will be sitting Friday night. No offense to the other 5 opponents, but Brentwood could very well be the best team by far the Wave will have played thus far. Common sense tells me to find something else to do Friday night, but I have missed very few Gallatin games over the years, and my heart tells me to go and not just be a fair weather fan. I would have to agree with several others that last Friday was probably the low point in my lifetime of Gallatin football, for a number of reasons that I won't take time to list, because those that were there know what they are. All that is over though, and the rest of the season starts this week. Hopefully the Wave can go to Brentwood, play with some pride, and work on getting better.

Would you share any details? Sounds like a fight on the field.