who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your rant only proves my point, which apparently sailed right over your head. Before he was injured, Wilson Central was doing a pretty good job of containing him. After the injury, he had NO business playing. And it should NEVER be up to the player to decide when to come out of game. That's how they get CAREER-ENDING injuries. Of course the warrior will want to stay in the battle. It's up to the coach to prevent it.

I am sure they have medical personnel on-site to intercede in the decisions to return an injured athlete to play. A 16 year old kid does not make the entire decision nor the coach who is focused on coaching the players available, not evaluating an injury.

I am sure they have medical personnel on-site to intercede in the decisions to return an injured athlete to play. A 16 year old kid does not make the entire decision nor the coach who is focused on coaching the players available, not evaluating an injury.

Exactly, but the "touchy feely" police is here to make sure everything stays peaceful.....lol

Owlbooster, I am not getting into this debate but as for 9-AAA, you are incorrect. They do not care if you are 5-A or 6-A, the district is 9-AAA. It is considered a very tough district. When they give out the awards at the end of the season there is definitely a 9-AAA trophy as well as 9-AAA individual awards.

Owlbooster, I am not getting into this debate but as for 9-AAA, you are incorrect. They do not care if you are 5-A or 6-A, the district is 9-AAA. It is considered a very tough district. When they give out the awards at the end of the season there is definitely a 9-AAA trophy as well as 9-AAA individual awards.

Admittedly I am confused. As I said, the media refers to "A/AA/AAA" frequently and I have not understood why since they have 6 playoffs for 6 championship "gold balls" in football. I know several years ago the TSSAA had some very complicated seeding mechanism that did lump 5A & 6A together, even though they had separate playoffs, but I thought that had ended. I assume you know more about this than I, so I stand corrected.rolleyes.gif

I agree. 9AAA is tough district/region or whatever....

Edited by owlbooster

• 1 month later...

I've seen both backs play and would love either one playing on my team but would take Hurd over Dodson. Whitehaven has more playmakers that the opposition's D have to play honest with. Everyone keys on Hurd and he is still unstoppable. Dodson may be slightly faster but Hurd has the size to run you over or the speed to run past you. This is based on watching Dodson last year as a Junior and Hurd this year as a Junior.

I think Mark Dodson. Hands Down. Now that ive seen Hued twice.

Elder is a really, really good football player...but he is without question the best high school basketball player I have ever seen play in person. Others have been blessed with more size (to go with the skill), but I've never seen a 5'10" guy dominate basketball games the way he does.

as for football, I can't imagine a defense having more talent than BA's does, and Corn had 300 yards....with BA knowing exactly what was coming every snap.

I wish Hurd had made it at MBA, and we could have seen him go head-to-head with Elder the past 2 years.

Not a lot of love for Reeves-Mabin on here.....I'd say he's in the discussion.