Greenback verses Grace

orngnblk

Looking forward to driving the 4 hours home for this one. As many here have said, I'm seriously looking forward to this one! It's going to be a great matchup. However, I am interested in seeing how both teams let the emotions of the rivalry factor into the game. In any case, I have a feeling this one will be a battle to the end. Hope everyone has a safe trip up!

Hey Graceinator, where are those numbers you were talking about earlier? Having worked on GB's stats myself I'm intrested to see what your numbers look like.

Go Kees. WTD!

I am still compiling. Google is a great tool, but it creates a MOUNTAIN of data to sift through. One overriding point is GB seems to have difficulty winning big games. I am not going to use the word, "choker", but it seems to be a recurring theme with them. As evidenced by GCA's big wins last year, we do not have that trouble. A few teaser stats:

Starting with GB

QB - As a first year starter, we only have this year to use in any assessment. While his numbers look good, his early passing proficiency has declined greatly in the last two games. I see his numbers as:

7 - 19 - 115 yds - 1 TD - 2 Int. (I believe GB's running game will be stuffed forcing Ridge into passing mode much earlier than he would like. This accounts for the 2 picks (one of which will be a pick 6!).

RB - This one was MUCH easier. #2 does NOT do well in big games. For whatever reason, his production drops precipitiously when facing above average defenses. I see him having a VERY frustrating night. I am not sure he is a gamer.

18 carries - 42 yds - 0 TD - 2 fumbles, 3 receptions - 37 yds. If you will note, he is prone to fumbling in pressure games. This one is as high as it gets. Look for him on the bench most of the 2nd half after Ridge goes to the air from a one back set.

The other two running backs seem to do fairly well although nothing to set them apart from any other backup RB.

WR - I will get back to you with the specifics on this one. GB is all over the board with them. One game #15 steps up and the next it is #23. It does not appear either is consistently very good. The tight end is an enigma. He will have a good game once in a blue moon, but for most part the TE is not used in the GB offense. I do not have a specific handle on their receptions and yards except to say total yardage will be less than 150 yds.

Defensive report comes after I get back from Bible study.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep me and piratetom will be there. The field is really nice. I'm not sure what to say about the game. Respect to both teams for the most part. I have more history with GB of course, and even 1 game in baseball back in 94. Whichever team helps us regarding playoff seeding is my pick to win or to lose. Probably the lose option. Look forward to meeting up with both sets of fans. I will say this, our cousins boy will probably end up at GCA at some point, but he is only 3 so it's a long ways away, things can change. Good luck to both teams.

I am still compiling. Google is a great tool, but it creates a MOUNTAIN of data to sift through. One overriding point is GB seems to have difficulty winning big games. I am not going to use the word, "choker", but it seems to be a recurring theme with them. As evidenced by GCA's big wins last year, we do not have that trouble. A few teaser stats:

Starting with GB

QB - As a first year starter, we only have this year to use in any assessment. While his numbers look good, his early passing proficiency has declined greatly in the last two games. I see his numbers as:

7 - 19 - 115 yds - 1 TD - 2 Int. (I believe GB's running game will be stuffed forcing Ridge into passing mode much earlier than he would like. This accounts for the 2 picks (one of which will be a pick 6!).

RB - This one was MUCH easier. #2 does NOT do well in big games. For whatever reason, his production drops precipitiously when facing above average defenses. I see him having a VERY frustrating night. I am not sure he is a gamer.

18 carries - 42 yds - 0 TD - 2 fumbles, 3 receptions - 37 yds. If you will note, he is prone to fumbling in pressure games. This one is as high as it gets. Look for him on the bench most of the 2nd half after Ridge goes to the air from a one back set.

The other two running backs seem to do fairly well although nothing to set them apart from any other backup RB.

WR - I will get back to you with the specifics on this one. GB is all over the board with them. One game #15 steps up and the next it is #23. It does not appear either is consistently very good. The tight end is an enigma. He will have a good game once in a blue moon, but for most part the TE is not used in the GB offense. I do not have a specific handle on their receptions and yards except to say total yardage will be less than 150 yds.

Defensive report comes after I get back from Bible study.

Gnator, while few of your posts are some what thought out and well constructed this is one that reeks of a lawyer twisting and stretching the facts to make them fit his side of the argument. True #15 stepped up in game 1 but in game 3 they doubled him all night so 23 stepped up and made his presence known. True the TE is not a big part of the GB offense but they do split him out and throw to him quite a bit.

By your own words the QB will throw for 115 and #2 will run for 42 that is a total of 157 yet you have the total yardage at "less than 150". Now I'm not sure what type of math it is that they teach over there but unless you think the sheep will hold everyone else to -8 yards or more.................that just don't add up.

I understand that google is a great tool but it can't compare to the tool that you have been this week. I'd be willing to wager that several of the GCA fans would side with me on this one.

matback, I'm with you on this one. Over 5 games GB averaged 443 yards on offense. Now before anyone loses their head on me I don't believe that these will necessarily be the numbers tonight. I understand that Grace's defense is definitely better than most (if not all....) we have seen this season but I'm not sure I see them putting us 286 yards behind our per game average.

Gnator, while few of your posts are some what thought out and well constructed this is one that reeks of a lawyer twisting and stretching the facts to make them fit his side of the argument. True #15 stepped up in game 1 but in game 3 they doubled him all night so 23 stepped up and made his presence known. True the TE is not a big part of the GB offense but they do split him out and throw to him quite a bit.

By your own words the QB will throw for 115 and #2 will run for 42 that is a total of 157 yet you have the total yardage at "less than 150". Now I'm not sure what type of math it is that they teach over there but unless you think the sheep will hold everyone else to -8 yards or more.................that just don't add up.

I understand that google is a great tool but it can't compare to the tool that you have been this week. I'd be willing to wager that several of the GCA fans would side with me on this one.

I just do not know where or how to start with you, Silverback, but here goes. I use the word, "Silverback" because your brain must have the same operating parameter limitations as a gorilla's.

Let me take this VERY slowly for you as it is obvious you fully embraced your GB education. When something is within the corpuses of a subheading (in this case a paragraph regarding the wide receivers), the information contained therein refers to the subheading and not the overall presentation. In my example I referred to GB's 150 yard total in RECEIVING not total offensive yards.

Do not feel badly about your ignorance. You were not given much of a chance by getting your diploma from GB. This does give me pause about my prediction. I did not factor in the level of intellect the GB players will bring to the game tonight. It will be worth at LEAST 14 more points for GCA.

I do have a suggestion for you. Come sit on our side tonight. By just listening to our conversations, it is likely your IQ level will elevate beyond the single digits. Although you and your team will still get blown out, at least you will leave smarter than when you arrived.