Top Teams A Basketball

UCTdoes

JC lost two seniors from last year, far from several. Those two players are playing D-1 ball(TN Tech and MTSU)so they were very good players. They are still a very solid team, that give most teams matchup problems. I hope we play Union City again. We didn't blow them out by the final score, as they made a good run in the second half, but JC sure frustrated UC in the first half.

Well, losing two D1's on a single a team is several lol. I knew you had lost those two for sure but wasn't sure if you lost anyone else. You guys or Union City should win it all this year.

JC actually has two freshman playing big minutes, and a sophomore transfer from White Co, so they are actually tons more deep this year than last. We are looking better than I thought we wold.

I watched Union City last week and they're surprisingly better than what I had expected without Amber Fair. The Freshman, I believe someone said was Amber Fair's little sister, is going to be a baller over the next 4 years. If they don't win state either this year or next year, they will be like Lake Co., a major bust! Too much talent not to win it all!!!

GCPioneer,

Union City girls - state champion - It wont happen, Jim Brown will outcoach Union City everytime and Jackson County reloads every year. Jackson County expects to win the state every year. Union City has had three good girls team in the last 50 years, theres a big difference.

I don't think that Suiter is a bad coach. While I think that UC does have the potential to win it this year or next year, their best chance is to win it this year while Reedy is still there. I'm just not sure if I see UC beating this Jackson Co. team this year. Also, people aren't paying much attention to this right now, but when Gibson drops to Single A next year, we will be pretty legit for a Single A team. Only one senior this year and tons of young talent. I wished we played UC this year for a preview of the next few years. I'm really eager to see what happens when we drop down!

Just a partial ACL tear, should be able to play. Playing some good basketball right now without Fair on the floor, will only make us better and harder to prepare for when she returns.

Scotts Hill had a player with the same partial tear in the late nienty's.Doc's and parents collaberated on the decision to bring her back too soon(yes,hindsight is twenty-twenty),and her carreer was ended after a half game.Knee injuries IMO are nothing to play with...err on the side of caution.Treatments,procedures,rehab,and braces are far advanced than in the days of my surgery(acl,mcl,patella),but from experiance and for Ambers sake,give it plenty of time and then give it some more.

Scotts Hill had a player with the same partial tear in the late nienty's.Doc's and parents collaberated on the decision to bring her back too soon(yes,hindsight is twenty-twenty),and her carreer was ended after a half game.Knee injuries IMO are nothing to play with...err on the side of caution.Treatments,procedures,rehab,and braces are far advanced than in the days of my surgery(acl,mcl,patella),but from experiance and for Ambers sake,give it plenty of time and then give it some more.

You are exactly right.

When Gibson drops to Single A next year, we will be pretty legit for a Single A team. Only one senior this year and tons of young talent. I wished we played UC this year for a preview of the next few years. I'm really eager to see what happens when we drop down!

Gibson County will be the Jackson County of west Tennessee when they get in 1A.