Top Teams A Basketball

UCTdoes

I dont get carried away Greenfieldfan.People just post what they think.When you return your whole team and make it to the semifinals of the state tournament,you should be a contender for the state championship. UC girls are good and blowing teams out without their best player. GC pioneer picked westview to win 13AA and UC beat them and westview is good.I dont think Amber a play this year, but i still think they a make it to state.

Union City is a very good Single A team... In the game I watched them play, they were hitting outside shots, something they could not do last year. We can all debate as to who is the best Single A team in the state, but the truth is, if all of these teams get to state, it's anyone's game. I still give the edge to Coach Brown and Jackson Co. They have a Kentucky signee in Jaycee Coe and they still have the post player from last year as well.

CPA is going to be tough for Jackson Co. or Union City to beat. It might happen, but I'm not sure it will. CPA should win this tournament honestly.

Waverly is usually very well-coached and fundamental, but they are struggling big time this year. They did graduate a lot of talent last year.

It looks as if Hickman is struggling quite a bit this year as well under their new coach.

CPA should win this tournament based on what they return and who they're competing against. A Jackson Co./UC game would be neat to see in this tournament.

I'll just do a winners bracket version of my predictions.....

Dickson Co. v. CPA will be an awesome 1st round game! Dickson Co. has probably the best Freshman in the state. If not the best, she's definitely among the top 2 or 3... keep an eye out for her! CPA has a couple of D1 players on their team. They should contend for the AA title this year. This game could go either way honestly.... I'll go with CPA...

Jackson Co. v. Waverly won't be much of a game. Waverly is down big time this year after graduating a lot of talent from last years team. Watch for Kentucky committ Jaycee Coe from Jackson Co. She will probably hit a couple of 3's in the game.... just a bold prediction! Jackson Co. should win this by as many as they want....

Ensworth v. Union City will be an interesting game as well. It will be interesting to see if UC can actually play with Ensworth that is.... the Union City people may not like this, but I see this being around a 15 point game in favor of Ensworth. It will be a good test for UC and a loss here won't be that bad.

Harding Academy should be able to beat Hickman this year... Hickman is down a bit this year and it looks like Harding is winning some games against some decent DII opponents. I give the advantage to Harding here.

I see it being CPA or Dickson v. Ensworth in the finals.... Either of those 2 v. Ensworth will be a fun game to watch.

Edited by GCPioneer

The way Jackson County is playing right now, I like their chances to win this tourney. We will really see what they are made of against these caliber teams.

Jackson County also has a spectacular freshman to watch for in Kassidy Allen, she is one of the most athletic players to ever come through JC.

Edited by bob77

I'll just do a winners bracket version of my predictions.....

Dickson Co. v. CPA will be an awesome 1st round game! Dickson Co. has probably the best Freshman in the state. If not the best, she's definitely among the top 2 or 3... keep an eye out for her! CPA has a couple of D1 players on their team. They should contend for the AA title this year. This game could go either way honestly.... I'll go with CPA...

Jackson Co. v. Waverly won't be much of a game. Waverly is down big time this year after graduating a lot of talent from last years team. Watch for Kentucky committ Jaycee Coe from Jackson Co. She will probably hit a couple of 3's in the game.... just a bold prediction! Jackson Co. should win this by as many as they want....

Ensworth v. Union City will be an interesting game as well. It will be interesting to see if UC can actually play with Ensworth that is.... the Union City people may not like this, but I see this being around a 15 point game in favor of Ensworth. It will be a good test for UC and a loss here won't be that bad.

Harding Academy should be able to beat Hickman this year... Hickman is down a bit this year and it looks like Harding is winning some games against some decent DII opponents. I give the advantage to Harding here.

I see it being CPA or Dickson v. Ensworth in the finals.... Either of those 2 v. Ensworth will be a fun game to watch.

You may be right, not saying you aren't but it will take a very good team to beat the one i watched crush Livingston Academy the other night. As far as freshman players go you need to come to middle tn a little more often. JC has 2 freshman that would start on just about every team in the state outside of a few select elite teams. I say your finals will be Jackson County vs. Ensworth and if thats the case then i will make the drive down to watch that as it will be worth the price of admission!

Edited by devilfanatic

You may be right, not saying you aren't but it will take a very good team to beat the one i watched crush Livingston Academy the other night. As far as freshman players go you need to come to middle tn a little more often. JC has 2 freshman that would start on just about every team in the state outside of a few select elite teams. I say your finals will be Jackson County vs. Ensworth and if thats the case then i will make the drive down to watch that as it will be worth the price of admission!

I knew Jackson Co. had 1 Freshman that was supposed to be good, didn't know there were 2. I've been "told" by very reliable sources that the girl from Dickson Co. is going to be a big time player. If you guys can go through this tournament beating Dickson or CPA and then Ensworth in the championship, you guys are undoubtedly a lock to win the state championship in Single A. CPA and Dickson will be 2 of the better teams that AA has to offer this year. If you guys beat them, I'll be impressed for sure!