School's that may change Class Next year...

Space3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fall's enrollment totals have to be in by the end of October, so we should know sometime in November who will fall in what classification.

Oak Ridge is the one in the area most likely to move down because of enrollment according to folks I have talked with.

I am hearing rumors that Anderson County might be on the 4A/5A borderline, depending on where that number ends up falling.

This fall's enrollment totals have to be in by the end of October, so we should know sometime in November who will fall in what classification.

Oak Ridge is the one in the area most likely to move down because of enrollment according to folks I have talked with.

I am hearing rumors that Anderson County might be on the 4A/5A borderline, depending on where that number ends up falling.

What are the enrollment minimums for 6A and 5A? I went on the TSSAA website briefly and didn't have any success finding that info. All I could find was the projected classifications for 2009-2013. In 7AAA we have a new school opening up that will shake up enrollment at a few schools.

Edited by milo118

I find it ironic that Oar Ridge will drop down. After years of ridicule and "come play with the Big Boys" comments from many of their fans they are now on the run to 5A. Maybe a lesson to those that shoud be careful with what they wish for.

HTV do you know what the numbers need to be for each class?

There aren't any enrollment minimums. After the enrollments are in from all the schools, they basically divide them out to where there are an equal number of schools in each class. Not only will the enrollment of Anderson County matter, but also playing a factor will be how much other schools have grown or shrunk.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG

Do schools have the option of playing up in class if they so choose? I would think they might request that but the TSSAA would need to determine if there are enough/too many schools in a given classification to grant the request. The reason I ask is that some Oak Ridge fans have said that they'd choose to stay in 6A (others have disagreed). But I wonder whether or not they'd have the option.

I find it ironic that Oar Ridge will drop down. After years of ridicule and "come play with the Big Boys" comments from many of their fans they are now on the run to 5A. Maybe a lesson to those that shoud be careful with what they wish for.

Lord, here we go again...Give it a rest...I guess some of yall can't let your back to back state titles the past 2 years in 6a speak for themselves..In case you don't know MLReb, we all know Maryville is good..You don't have to toot your own horn for everyone to know that..We understand that Maryville kicked our a** and has the past 5 times...thankfully, we arent in select company lol...Can we all move on from the "big boys" talk? Seems some of you aren't able to...For me, i would let their play on the field speak for itself. Which it has.

Edited by SweetScience

East Hamilton 20 day numbers are at 1117, lot of talk of them moving up to 5A. But there is also a lot of talk of them staying put, due to the county rezoning that there numbers will drop the next 2 years. Middle school numbers are way down this year.

1117 would likely put them in Class AAA in all sports. They go where the current count is, not what the count will be in a year or two.

Soddy-Daisy could possibly go to 5A playoffs. Brainerd, Red Bank could go 3A playoffs.