Crazy Night in Alcoa.2 or 3 fans ejected

hsfootballfan777

So what do you suggest we do about scheduling? When we can't get anyone to play us because larger schools don't want to play us and if I'm not mistaken the TSSAA puts us in our district we can only play the schedule that we are given. This is an old argument but until teams step up and play us I guess you will just be bored.

There's nothing you can do. Sadly I think the way you took what I was saying is "Alcoa is looking for a cheap way to a state title" when in reality what Im saying is Alcoa is way out of AA and AAA TSSAA league. Im not blaming Alcoa for it. They play the schedule TSSAA gives them and they try to pick up games here and there to fill out the schedule. You cant blame Alcoa for being too good or blame smaller schools for not having as much talent...Its just a danged if you do and danged if you dont thing is all. However, the blowout games are no different. If you're watching the Jets vs Packers and its 47-0 in the third...chances are you're gonna turn it off, mow the lawn, work around the house...why? because the game is boring. Anyone that can say they honestly can sit and watch a 50-6 or 42-0 ball game and be entertained and give the game their undivided attention the ENTIRE GAME...well props to you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing you can do. Sadly I think the way you took what I was saying is "Alcoa is looking for a cheap way to a state title" when in reality what Im saying is Alcoa is way out of AA and AAA TSSAA league. Im not blaming Alcoa for it. They play the schedule TSSAA gives them and they try to pick up games here and there to fill out the schedule. You cant blame Alcoa for being too good or blame smaller schools for not having as much talent...Its just a danged if you do and danged if you dont thing is all. However, the blowout games are no different. If you're watching the Jets vs Packers and its 47-0 in the third...chances are you're gonna turn it off, mow the lawn, work around the house...why? because the game is boring. Anyone that can say they honestly can sit and watch a 50-6 or 42-0 ball game and be entertained and give the game their undivided attention the ENTIRE GAME...well props to you.

Just be glad Alcoa is really good right now. I remember 10 years ago when Alcoa was 3-7 and getting drilled by Oliver Springs 30-0. I also remember watching Meigs County run for 600 yds in a semifinal game at Alcoa in 1995. I think Meigs beat Alcoa 62-20.

I agree with GF that it would be hard to watch blow outs in about every game, year after year. Is there any way to move up a classification or two in football but leave your other sports in the division they are assigned by the TSSAA? If not then it wouldn't be right for the other sports to be forced into a higher division simply because the football team is so good every year. However; if you can do this, then maybe Alcoa should jump up to 5A playoff division for a 2-4 year span. That would be more exciting for the fans and more challenging for the team & coaches.

I agree with GF that it would be hard to watch blow outs in about every game, year after year.

Is there any way to move up a classification or

two in football but leave your other sports in the

division they are assigned by the TSSAA? If not then it wouldn't be right for the other sports to be forced into a higher division simply because the football team is so good every year.

However; if you can do this, then maybe Alcoa

should jump up to 5A playoff division for a 2-4 year span. That would be more exciting for the fans and more challenging for the team &

coaches.

C'mon Footballdad, you know you enjoy watching the Warriors hang 70 on the cakes!

Lol!!! Alcoa has played 6A Maryville, 4A Greeneville, (will play) 4A Fulton, and DII Webb. That's a pretty tough schedule. I would add AE to that list but not much to talk about this year.

Sorry Turtle! Lol! So I'm really not sure if moving to 5A would stop the blowout situation. IMHO, most of those teams would/could handle any 5A competition. Besides, even the Rebels have a few cakes on their schedule at the 6A level! Lol!!!

Edited by F5seekshelter

C'mon Footballdad, you know you enjoy watching the Warriors hang 70 on the cakes!

Lol!!! Alcoa has played 6A Maryville, 4A Greeneville, (will play) 4A Fulton, and DII Webb. That's a pretty tough schedule. I would add AE to that list but not much to talk about this year.

Sorry Turtle! Lol! So I'm really not sure if moving to 5A would stop the blowout situation. IMHO, most of those teams would/could handle any 5A competition. Besides, even the Rebels have a few cakes on their schedule at the 6A level! Lol!!!

I'm afraid our cake eating days are severely numbered icon_e_sad.gif , and not because of any move up in classification. It's looking like there are some lean years right around the corner unless this economy changes and we get some fine folks with really good football playing sons that are willing to drop a bag of shiny coins at the recruiting office, huh, I mean the admissions office.cool.png