Henry Co. Patriots host Clarksville Wildcats

MSURacer

Thanks, YANKER. I hope your accuracy returns to its norm after last week's aberration! As usual, Clarksville High has an abundance of athletes . The tailback, another Merriweather ( it seems that they always have one) is very fast , shifty and dangerous. Their defense must be pretty good since they held NE to 20.I fear that this will be a tougher battle than some are predicting.As to the DC-NE game, I think that we should be cheering for NE. A DC victory puts them in the driver's seat for the region championship even if we were to win out and beat them. That scenario produces a three way tie with DC being the champ with a 9-1 overall record.and NE second based on their defeat of us.A third place finish may or may not give us one playoff home game whereas a second place finish assures it.

GO BIG RED

My lack of knowledge about playoff seeding and deciding district standings shows itself here...lol

I wasn't even taking non district games into consideration. I just assumed that if we all reached the end of the year with 1 district loss, there would be tiebreakers within the bounds of district play. I guess not.

All of that is moot unless we take care of business this week. CHS has had two weeks to prepare for us, so we need to bring our A game. As you said, they always seem to be tough. Is the Rodriguez kid still there, or did he graduate?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lack of knowledge about playoff seeding and deciding district standings shows itself here...lol

I wasn't even taking non district games into consideration. I just assumed that if we all reached the end of the year with 1 district loss, there would be tiebreakers within the bounds of district play. I guess not.

All of that is moot unless we take care of business this week. CHS has had two weeks to prepare for us, so we need to bring our A game. As you said, they always seem to be tough. Is the Rodriguez kid still there, or did he graduate?

Rodriguez is still there or at least he was when we played them

I have very little to say about this game since I don't think it will even be remotely close but I wanted to get on here so nobody could say that I disappeared for three weeks after being SO WRONG last week. I do have a few observations to make concerning comments made on this thread and last week's thread however...............................................................................................

I will preface this by saying that my observations are from the perspective of a retired coach of 30 years......................................................................................................................................................

1) If QBClubPrez is truly the president of the Booster/QB Club then that's what he needs to do and all the work he does for the program doesn't give him a pass to get on here and talk about things that he has no business talking about (I can almost GUARANTEE you that the coaching staff cringed when they read, or heard about his posts)

2) therealgame is largely correct but a bit too confrontational

3) QBClubPrez sounds like a teenage girl when he/she says that he/she won't respond to therealgame ever again.........GIVE ME A BREAK (that's why I really doubt that QBClubPrez can really be the president of the Boosters......

3) The Yanker is an immature fool

4) Whatever problems the staff is having with the team is just part of the profession and needs to be handled in house without some teenager imposter making it public knowledge

5) Our team will be just fine and I honestly expect a convincing victory tonight

Edited by Red Warrior

45-3

Good, dominant win for the big red. We needed it. I thought our defense played especially well tonight. The bye week couldn't really come at a better time. Storme was still very limited. Seemed to only play a handful of series at QB, and didn't play at all on defense. Dennis Tharpe got his bell rung late in the 3rd quarter and was carted off with an apparent concussion. Coach Counce talked like he would be okay. But still best of wishes to him.

Huge game with Dickson County 2 weeks from tonight. Let's heal up and get ready for it.

GO PATS!!