Smith County Bye Week

schs0595

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

On second thought Termite. You might oughta go root for the Gmen. If Motown wins this game I'd say they have a good argument to be the number one seed in the Quadrant. I know you SC fans wouldnt like something like that to happen. What other game are you thinking of attending other than Westmoreland Gordonsville. I know your surely not going to watch Trousdale County play. It might be nice though to watch them get whooped up on by I think Watertown isnt it?

I doubt I'll do much "rooting" either way. But will probably have to be for G-ville. I know too many kids and good folks over there.

Although, I know most of the blue nation would be for the Taliban if they were playing SC. They would all grow beards and corner the market around here on turbans and camels to bring to the game.

Sometimes I like to branch out and see other parts of the state play, like Wilson Cent.,Hendersonville, Beech, MBA, Ensworth,Polk Co. or S.Pitt,Somewhere different. Just different teams, stadiums, food, atmosphere, and the likes. Worst atmosphere I've ever been to was Ensworth. The best has always been in this area, as a whole. SC-TC-G-ville-So. Pitt. and local teams when they are playing a good rival or big game. I'll just scan the schedules utill something perks my intrest. But who knows, I may end up at G-ville or TC.

Why would we care if Whinemoreland ends up anywhere. Anytime SC sees them in playoffs..well......you know what happens.

You need to expect a good game from G-ville. This will probably be their last test before playoffs, and they will use ya'll for a tune up.

I think that York versus SC will be an awesome game and closer than either side wants to imagine; probably as intense as the first half of the DC/SC game. Manning is fast but only one guy. York has several fast players especially #20 I think it is. Because the defense needs a bit of work for both teams, I am expecting a high scoring yet close game with both teams having a final score in the high 40s. If either side thinks they have this one in the bag they may be very disappointed.

Why in the world are people picking York? Based on York's record? Has anyone seen the teams that York as beaten? The teams that York has beaten so far combine for a 4-23 record, and Upperman has 3 of those wins. Of the teams York has beaten Upperman is the best team they've played which was a 12 point win for York, a team which SC just beat 47-0 on top of that when SC and York play it is going to be at SC. When SC plays York, SC will win by atleast 20 points if not more. SC shouldn't lose another game, and the only close game left on their schedule they'll possibly play will be against White House...not York!

On second thought Termite. You might oughta go root for the Gmen. If Motown wins this game I'd say they have a good argument to be the number one seed in the Quadrant. I know you SC fans wouldnt like something like that to happen. What other game are you thinking of attending other than Westmoreland Gordonsville. I know your surely not going to watch Trousdale County play. It might be nice though to watch them get whooped up on by I think Watertown isnt it?

Frankly Pman - SC fans don't give a crap what West More Land does !!!!!!!!!!!!! We do care what Gville does as we are for The Tigers now that we have played them. Go Tigers!!

I haven't decided where I'm going yet. No, don't save a seat. I'm not like G-ville fans. Gordonsville fans come to SC games and set on the opposing teams side.

There should be a lot there, beings SC don't play.

Easy Termite, I have never sat or stood on the opposing teams side when SC is playing anyone besides Gville.

Heck, I even stood on SC's side when they played Gville this year, however, I still had my blue on.

I, for one, hope SC does well.

Guest Termite

Easy Termite, I have never sat or stood on the opposing teams side when SC is playing anyone besides Gville.

Heck, I even stood on SC's side when they played Gville this year, however, I still had my blue on.

I, for one, hope SC does well.

Your right. I should have prepped that with "most" or "some" .....not all. And you are one of the few, that when SC is playing someone besides G-ville will pull a little for the owls.

After playing both teams I will say York's offense had me a little more nervous than SC's did as the game went on, but I literally felt like no matter what we would score on the next drive (which we did). But at the same time SC's defense wasn't as easy to march down the field on. Will be closer than SC fans want to think, but I can't say who will win because DC literally had noone in the back field and 5 wide all night and I know that's not SC's thing, so who knows how York will do against them.

This late in the season it appears both SC and York are at a crossroad. York has had one game against a quality opponent and SC has had three. York did not fair very well against DeKalb and SC looked good against Gville but by late in the third/start of fourth, DeKalb & Livingston were already over. Both coaching staffs know who they have that can play and who can't. Probably will not be many personel changes. Even if there is, its not going to be a stud. If either team is going to make any noise in playoffs they must get better and get better fast with what they have. This year DeKalb and Livingston are good quality playoff caliber teams. Those type of teams are the ones you must be able to compete with come playoff time. Missed tackles, missed blocks, blown coverage, mis allignment, turnovers are all things teams in our area can't afford against the usually more athletic teams we will face come playoff time. Being more physical and more disciplined is how you play with the big ones. Neither team is going to outrun Pearl Cohn, Milan, CAK or Alcoa. JMHO.