1a and 2a final quad pairings

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very aware of that, but Boyd and Friendship could very easily be in the same quad. After that, Grace would be the semi finalist most likely

OK, thought you may have had some insight on the quads that I hadn't ran into yet. If your semi's opponent is your main concern the list of East teams that could be a factor is a longer one than just GCA. They are favored but right now quad 1 has 4 district champions & a runner-up if everyone wins out. All five are 9-1 teams if that happens.

Easy 5 divisions and top 4 each region go to playoffs. thumb[1].gif

That was the biggest joke of a system to decide playoff teams when it was done. Way too many undeserving teams made the show while teams with better records sat at home cause they played in tougher districts. The system we currently use, while not perfect, does ensure a much better overall field of teams. I'd like to see them move some teams around to balance out some of the quads better though. 5 divisions with top 4 in each region is a system only a simpleton who does not understand the current system would be in favor of.

OK, thought you may have had some insight on the quads that I hadn't ran into yet. If your semi's opponent is your main concern the list of East teams that could be a factor is a longer one than just GCA. They are favored but right now quad 1 has 4 district champions & a runner-up if everyone wins out. All five are 9-1 teams if that happens.

Exactly, crow, just as I said earlier. Quad 1 is a tough quad, unless you listen to the little man from FC. Didn't you hear, all teams from quad 1 are soft.... FC played a terrible quad 1 rep last year in OS. I sure hope they feel that way this year when the quad 1 champ meets them. This year there are at least 3 teams in quad 1 that could lay it on FC. Not totally disrespecting them, just making sure everyone knows this years quad 1 is the real deal again. Last year was last year (and was a fluke in quad 1).

Exactly, crow, just as I said earlier. Quad 1 is a tough quad, unless you listen to the little man from FC. Didn't you hear, all teams from quad 1 are soft.... FC played a terrible quad 1 rep last year in OS. I sure hope they feel that way this year when the quad 1 champ meets them. This year there are at least 3 teams in quad 1 that could lay it on FC. Not totally disrespecting them, just making sure everyone knows this years quad 1 is the real deal again. Last year was last year (and was a fluke in quad 1).

come on man, there aren't 3 teams in 2A that could "lay in on FC"

The two times we've made it to the semis we've faced an overrated quad 1 opponent. How many times has the winner of Quad 1 went to the championship in the last 5 years? Since we've went to 6 classes you've had TC in 09, Signal in 10, and FCS in 11 all come out of quad 2 and beat quad 1. In 08 TC beat quad 1, in 07 SP beat quad 1. So to answer my question, that's zero in the last 5 years. And something else that's funny is the winner of quad 2 has won the ship the last 5 years as well