3A Top Ten - Week 7

coachrus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how the Westmoreland and Cheatham fans feel about fighting for respect. Last year CPA had to fight for respect and even had to go on the road in the playoffs to Goodpasture, a team they beat in the regular season to earn it.

Respect does not come quickly. Victories in the playoffs will bring respect.

In that regard, I hope no one is overlooking Milan. Milan has the tradition and the experience and has to be considered the favorite to go to Cookville UNTIL someone proves otherwise.

Some people may be overlooking Milan. We have 1 loss by 1 point to an undefeated team. Taking nothing away from S. Gibson, but we should have won that game. Give them all the credit though..... they are a good team and they pulled it out. Since we have had a 3 year starter on the defensive line come back that is about 6'1 270lbs. He missed the first 5 games, but is back and our defense is really clicking now. I hope we see S. Gibson again in the playoffs.

Also, we got Covington in a couple of weeks. They may beat us, but we can win and it will be a good game either way. We will, at worst, enter the playoffs 8-2. But most of our team is back this year from last year. Teams on this side of the state had a difficult time dealing with these boys last year and I look for them to be very tough come playoff time!!!

What if CPA does the same and wins out? Will it go to points scored throughout the year?

Notice I said in my previous post, "If Cheatham wins out and gets the 1 seed". If Cheatham and CPA both win out, there is a set of very detailed tie breakers that the TSSAA has set up that will determine who gets the 1 seed. Who ever gets it in quad 3, wheather it be Cheatham or CPA, will have it all the way to the championship game.

Last year, Milan was quad 4 and we had homefield in the semi's over CPA. Should be 1 and 3's year. Seed does not matter in the semi's.

Seed does matter in the Semis if the #1 seed in quad 4 gets put out.

If that is the case, then the highest seed (if #1 is still in quad 3) will be the host team.

Even number host in even years., 2012 will be 2,4.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

Seed does matter in the Semis if the #1 seed in quad 4 gets put out.

If that is the case, then the highest seed (if #1 is still in quad 3) will be the host team.

Even number host in even years., 2012 will be 2,4.

Ok..... don't want to be hard headed here. I will concede that it appears I am wrong. Can someone please explain to me how Milan got to host the semi's last year and they were not the 1 seed in quad 4. I believe they were the 2 or 3.

Ok..... don't want to be hard headed here. I will concede that it appears I am wrong. Can someone please explain to me how Milan got to host the semi's last year and they were not the 1 seed in quad 4. I believe they were the 2 or 3.

Milan was a 2 seed and hosted CPA a 3 seed from quad 3 behind Smith Co and Goodpasture.

http://www.tssaa.org/2011Champions/StateFootball/3ABracket.htm