Milan @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Covington has not yet played Ripley. But as far as the matchup against Milan goes this is how I are it. I just don't see Milan having the speed on both sides of the ball that Covington does. I don't see them being able to throw against arguably the best and fastest athlete in the southeast.

(quote)

Who is this secondary superman? ("best and fastest athlete in the southeast"--that's a big map,my friend.) As for team speed, I believe Milan is at least as fast as Covington (Dyersburg was at least as fast.) I think Milan is stronger, has more depth, and is better coached. I predict the Bulldogs by 2 TDs, but it will be a good one and I look forward to it.

Wallace Milam, Dyersburg, TN No Avatar

Edited by Augielio
  • Upvote 1

Wow ,all the banter lol..makes a person want the game to start now...really its going to be white knucker ear-holing game, the best in 4a - 3A West Tn has to offer ..Ill take the Chargers in a close one as both have advantages on differnt sides of the ball..

with that said Covington best come out from the get-go as Milan will ..a 4qtr game it will be..nothing means squat now its up to the coaches,players ,not the fans..hopefully good refs,an injury free game ,disciplend players as both need to be at full strenght for their playoff runs

Covington has not yet played Ripley. But as far as the matchup against Milan goes this is how I are it. I just don't see Milan having the speed on both sides of the ball that Covington does. I don't see them being able to throw against arguably the best and fastest athlete in the southeast.

(quote)

Who is this secondary superman? ("best and fastest athlete in the southeast"--that's a big map,my friend.) As for team speed, I believe Milan is at least as fast as Covington (Dyersburg was at least as fast.) I think Milan is stronger, has more depth, and is better coached. I predict the Bulldogs by 2 TDs, but it will be a good one and I look forward to it.

Wallace Milam, Dyersburg, TN No Avatar

Carlos Williams is his name. He will be the best athlete on the field, and I don't think anyone will argue that.

Carlos Williams is his name. He will be the best athlete on the field, and I don't think anyone will argue that.

He might very well be the best athlete, but I think Arkel Coleman might be the

better football player. There is alot more to playing the game than just being

Fast. Just hope Arkel is 100% for the game.

Milan is not up to usual Milan standards. At least not yet anyway. The QB has been like a sawed off shotgun, spraying passes all over he place. Until last week, he was all over the place. Milan's line could not beat SGC. SGC is much improved, but for Milan to compete with the bigger faster schools, gotta take care of SGC. Milan's D could not stop SGC or Huntingdon consistently. A team with Covington's speed will break a couple. If Milan gets behind and has to throw the ball, Covington will pick off a couple and 1 will probably be a pick 6. If Milan has it this year, they better bring it this week.

i have seen milan and covington this year , and i will say covington is a better team.

fsunoles you are putting some incorrect information on the board. yes , carlos williams will be the fastest player on the field , but he is not carl lewis. he was not the fastest player at the lsu football camp a couple of years ago , he was 3rd fastest at that one camp, that is what his baseball coach had told us. he did have the 3rd fastest time in history of that event at a baseball showcase this summer around a 6.18 60yd sprint.

none of the alabama or lsu football boards ever show him being offered a football scholarship. from what i have been told he wasn't even offered baseball scholarships from these schools. maybe you ought to pull some strings and see if jimbo fisher will give him a scholarship from florida state , they could use some help down there.

next , dyersburg will not play the chargers in the 2nd round unless something goofy happens in the next 2 weeks , it will most likely be the 3rd or 4th round.

after stating all of this , mr. fsunoles get your facts right before you post.

we are trying to keep this a credible board.

Sir I have talked to Carlos Williams about 6 or 7 times in the past 3 weeks and this info is exactly what he told me. The reason he hadn't gotten offers from these schools is due to the fact that he is playing baseball at Ole Miss, which is where he has already given a verbal. Maybe you need to get your facts straight because if Covington and dyersburg win out they will be seeing each other in the 2nd round, barring something crazy happens. Dyersburg will be the 4 seed in the quad and Covington will be the 1 seed. Go check it out bub.

i have seen milan and covington this year , and i will say covington is a better team.

fsunoles you are putting some incorrect information on the board. yes , carlos williams will be the fastest player on the field , but he is not carl lewis. he was not the fastest player at the lsu football camp a couple of years ago , he was 3rd fastest at that one camp, that is what his baseball coach had told us. he did have the 3rd fastest time in history of that event at a baseball showcase this summer around a 6.18 60yd sprint.

none of the alabama or lsu football boards ever show him being offered a football scholarship. from what i have been told he wasn't even offered baseball scholarships from these schools. maybe you ought to pull some strings and see if jimbo fisher will give him a scholarship from florida state , they could use some help down there.

next , dyersburg will not play the chargers in the 2nd round unless something goofy happens in the next 2 weeks , it will most likely be the 3rd or 4th round.

after stating all of this , mr. fsunoles get your facts right before you post.

we are trying to keep this a credible board

dyersburg has to make it to the 3rd or the 4th round first Idk if they have what it takes! Edited by cantstopthatCP

noles fan you must be a player chaser that likes to ride on good players coat tails. you need to calm down , and look for facts . he is fast but not as fast as you want him to be. i am glad he has a baseball scholarship , he is a good player that deserves it. i have been told by his baseball coach at covington and coach mathis at dyersburg that he is a wonderful kid , maybe you ought to take some manners lessons from him. look at the tssaa website dyersburg is in the other quad so they want match up until the 4th round.

like i said covington will win , but if they lose they will fall to 3rd in the district behind south gibson and milan.

Hmm. Some of our Covington boosters are letting a little success go to our heads. We have an excellent team...Good enough to beat Milan? I would hope so if we have any iilusions of going very far in the playoffs. Don't mean that as a slam to Milan but Milan's fans I'm sure would agree that Milan is not the Milan it usually is or they wouldn't have dropped a game already..Good enough to beat a Giles County?...Maybe if we played our absolute best and the breaks go our way. The main thing is that our team improves each week and we hit our stride in the playoffs. I'll take a lil luck along the way also...Let's keep backing our Chargers amd let the players decide the W or L on the field

According to what I have seen, this is quad 4

Quad 4

1 Covington

8 Raleigh Egypt

4 Fairley

5 Dyersburg

3 Trezevant

6 Hillcrest

2 Mitchell

7 Sheffield

That shows that Covington and dyersburg will be scheduled to play in the 2nd round of the playoffs if they both win out, and that's a big IF. I'm pretty sure dyersburg didn't jump quads in a year, seeing how they played in the second round of the playoffs last year as well.

If you have not seen Carlos Williams play then you will not truly understand how fast he is. It's true that he is a great kid and has a bright future ahead of him. Everything I have stated on this board has been fact, coming straight from the kid himself. You don't have to believe it. As far as riding his coat tail you are mistaken. I haven't once said that he's the greatest player in the world. I simply said that he will be the fastest player on the field whenever he plays. And if you disagree then it's obvious that you have never seen him play . Heck he probably won't get the ball in his hands but 4 or 5 times this game. He very rarely runs the ball out of the backfield and Covington does not throw very often as everyone is aware of. I'm not saying that he's the sole reason why Covington will win or lose this game.