SMITH COUNTY AT WHITE HOUSE

scooter

Congratulations once again to SC and good luck to WH the rest of the way. I thought SC would struggle some without their two top rushers but the backups came to play. #14 and #23, both juniors, stepped up and gave the offense some boost. Ever since that game against LA where Williams (#21) fumbled on the first play, he has carried the ball differently and it has helped. And the offensive and defensive line played the best all year. Playcalling for SC was oustanding also. I'm ready for Manning and Stevenson to be back, but this team pulled together and gave us fans a great game! Also, what was up with that like 70 yd field goal that WH used as a punt?? Shouldn't have SC gotten the ball where they attempted it instead of where the ball landed??

GO BIG OWLS!!!!

I couldn't figure that one out myself.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to this one on the radio and it sounded like the Owls D just dominated the line of scrimmage and shut White House's running game down. And it also sounded like the Owls offensive line made plenty of running lanes for whoever they put in the backfield. Radio said that WH offense only crossed the 50 yard line once on an SC failed 4th down conversion. Sounded very impressive on the radio. Not sure how WH ran on LA though

They passed it twice, but the other one ended up with us recovering a fumble. Great D all night!

Congratulations once again to SC and good luck to WH the rest of the way. I thought SC would struggle some without their two top rushers but the backups came to play. #14 and #23, both juniors, stepped up and gave the offense some boost. Ever since that game against LA where Williams (#21) fumbled on the first play, he has carried the ball differently and it has helped. And the offensive and defensive line played the best all year. Playcalling for SC was oustanding also. I'm ready for Manning and Stevenson to be back, but this team pulled together and gave us fans a great game! Also, what was up with that like 70 yd field goal that WH used as a punt?? Shouldn't have SC gotten the ball where they attempted it instead of where the ball landed??

GO BIG OWLS!!!!

You been watching too much NFL. In high school a kick from scrimage is the same as a punt.

To answer you guys' question, ask any person from Livingston that was at the game how they beat Livingston, and they'll tell you the hardcore truth.

Was the officiating that bad the ENTIRE game? Why was White House even within reach at the end of the game? How did WH get to within field goal range? Did the refs miss a tackle or kick the field goal?

I am being a bit of a smart alec, obviously. But I am surprised that LA even let WH stay close enough to have a chance to win. Don't get me wrong. I can honestly say DeKalb fans have to be the WORST fans in the area for blaming the officials for a loss. It drives me crazy. Referees make bad calls every game. Players get away with holding, chop blocks go uncalled. Receivers push off. Lineman jump too soon, etc. But, it seems to even out over the course of a game. It does hurt when a bad call at the END of a game prevents your team from winning. But in almost every instance, one team or the other still has to make a play after those bad calls. I bet if you look back over the course of the game you can identify 1, 2, 3 or many more plays that would have changed the outcome of the game if your team would have just executed the way they are capable. The best teams are able to overcome bad calls.

It is much easier to blame the officials than it is to look in the mirror and admit your own lack of execution. That's the hardcore truth. ;)

By the way. I read the nice words you wrote about Lynus (coach Martin). He is a good friend of mine and you are absolutely right about him. He is a great coach. I dont think some of our fans realize just how good he is. Maybe after he gets that state title this year, they will! Wait.... lets not get ahead of ourselves. We have a football title to hunt down first! Lol

Go Tigers!

Was the officiating that bad the ENTIRE game? Why was White House even within reach at the end of the game? How did WH get to within field goal range? Did the refs miss a tackle or kick the field goal?

I am being a bit of a smart alec, obviously. But I am surprised that LA even let WH stay close enough to have a chance to win. Don't get me wrong. I can honestly say DeKalb fans have to be the WORST fans in the area for blaming the officials for a loss. It drives me crazy. Referees make bad calls every game. Players get away with holding, chop blocks go uncalled. Receivers push off. Lineman jump too soon, etc. But, it seems to even out over the course of a game. It does hurt when a bad call at the END of a game prevents your team from winning. But in almost every instance, one team or the other still has to make a play after those bad calls. I bet if you look back over the course of the game you can identify 1, 2, 3 or many more plays that would have changed the outcome of the game if your team would have just executed the way they are capable. The best teams are able to overcome bad calls.

It is much easier to blame the officials than it is to look in the mirror and admit your own lack of execution. That's the hardcore truth. icon_e_wink.gif

By the way. I read the nice words you wrote about Lynus (coach Martin). He is a good friend of mine and you are absolutely right about him. He is a great coach. I dont think some of our fans realize just how good he is. Maybe after he gets that state title this year, they will! Wait.... lets not get ahead of ourselves. We have a football title to hunt down first! Lol

Go Tigers!

I'll tell ya what I told someone after the game...when you are up 14 in the second half you should win. But yes, it was that bad. Three crucial ball spots, a phantom horse collar, and a measurement that was 4 yards short but still called for with time not running off the clock (15 second discussion) inside 10 seconds left before signaling the stoppage for measurement. Those are the blatant ones. White House's 1 penalty, an encroachment on a PAT. bored.gif I don't whine, I call them like I see them, ask Coach Martin.

Suprised?? Maybe a little. Without #25 and #8 I thought we would struggle.

White House wins by 2 TDs??. Let me guess..............they beat the mighty Eagles ...so they had to be better that 2 TDs against SC right?? It's gotta be tough being little brother and behind Beech-Gallitin-Hendersonville-Portland-Station Camp-and White House. But look at it this way........at least Whinemoreland is ahead of Merrol Hyde......roflol.gif

Well Tmite, since you brought it up. Imagine Sumner Co. High school. Jalen Hurd would be the feature back. Not too shabby there right? Smith Co Highschool has NO state championships but little brother has 1 and maybe 2 after this year. Looks like ya'll need to be more like little brother over there come playoff time when it counts. What do you think. One might even say it must be hard being a big brother with a little brother who seems to show you up in crunch time. I bet ya'll like getting little ole G'ville in the first game they play ever year. You even make sure to get a practice game in to make sure they dont embarrass big brother.

Well Tmite, since you brought it up. Imagine Sumner Co. High school. Jalen Hurd would be the feature back. Not too shabby there right? Smith Co Highschool has NO state championships but little brother has 1 and maybe 2 after this year. Looks like ya'll need to be more like little brother over there come playoff time when it counts. What do you think. One might even say it must be hard being a big brother with a little brother who seems to show you up in crunch time. I bet ya'll like getting little ole G'ville in the first game they play ever year. You even make sure to get a practice game in to make sure they dont embarrass big brother. To me your post just proves how much more talent Sumner Co has than Smith Co. Look at all the state championship teams you mentioned up there. All from 1 county.

Guest Termite

Well Tmite, since you brought it up. Imagine Sumner Co. High school. Jalen Hurd would be the feature back. Not too shabby there right? Smith Co Highschool has NO state championships but little brother has 1 and maybe 2 after this year. Looks like ya'll need to be more like little brother over there come playoff time when it counts. What do you think. One might even say it must be hard being a big brother with a little brother who seems to show you up in crunch time. I bet ya'll like getting little ole G'ville in the first game they play ever year. You even make sure to get a practice game in to make sure they dont embarrass big brother. To me your post just proves how much more talent Sumner Co has than Smith Co. Look at all the state championship teams you mentioned up there. All from 1 county.

I sure would hate to think a county with ..what?? ...5 5/6 A --2 3/4A teams would less more talent than a county with less than 1000 kids in 2 schools...3A and 1A.

I think SC has championships as many as Whinemoreland and been closer to getting 1 than Whineytown. Be more like lil brother?? Well...that sounds like lil brother talk to me. G-ville tried scheduling a game before playing SC (Cheatham Co) didn't work too well then either. Hey...if were to ask white House -Beech-Gallitan-Station Camp-Hendersonville - Portland folks ....think they would know ....or even admit Westmoreland is IN Sumner County??roflol.gif