fcs div II move.

snoball5278

id say most if not all private school supporters would be more than willing to separate fully athletically if we were allowed to see our tax $$ be directed to the respective private schools. Problem is the publics want\ need our cake and must eat it too.

The tax dollars aren't school-specific except for the local portion, they're going to schools from Memphis to Kingsport, obviously. That's the same for roads or any other tax-funded program. For a comparison, say you drove only on private roads, you wouldn't get out of paying tax with a lot going to roads elsewhere. And none would go to your private road though you could keep the riff-raff off of it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tax dollars aren't school-specific except for the local portion, they're going to schools from Memphis to Kingsport, obviously. That's the same for roads or any other tax-funded program. For a comparison, say you drove only on private roads, you wouldn't get out of paying tax with a lot going to roads elsewhere. And none would go to your private road though you could keep the riff-raff off of it.

actually there are a lot of " private roads" also called toll roads or toll bridges. They're highly used by anyone wanting a better or safer route. Most knowledgable travelers prefer to use them because they're better maintained and offer premium access from points A to point B without all the "riffraff" or traffic. Despite their fee or toll. The fee for traveling these "private roads" go directly back into their maintenance as well as their private investors. Not into funding other public roads. Try another analogy because this sounds like a perfect arguement for my case. Edited by Volzchamps

I'm talking about roads which would be owned by individuals or businesses and the general public could not travel on them without permission even by paying a fee (private schools' selective enrollment, just because some parents could afford the tuition doesn't mean the school wants the student). All of that is beside the point, that your tax dollars go to a lot of necessary things that may never directly affect you-public schools, roads you never drive on, etc.

Edited by Indian

If all of the private schools were in D2, you publics would still be whinning about something. If the privates go, then you will cry about magnet schools, open zone schools, and any other number of things. The bib overall crowd ammuses me.

So when you beat the privates it's all good in the hood but of you loose it's recruiting? Seems legit

Happy Hunting And Good Riddance!..

Let's see FCS moves to Div II and says that "work studies" does not allow the athletes to be eligible. Question then, Why is CPA, Goodpasture, Lipscomb allowed to find money through the churches and that make the athletes eligible???? No one will answer correctly, because they hide behind the fancy church doors and sit in the church and pretend that they are helping these families as they join the church and that is how they are discounted into the school. Oh wait the families do not even have to go to the church, just become a member.....hmmm interesting for sure???

Why won't CPA join division II like FCS? hmmm....

Postman guy or whatever your name. I'll start by saying I didn't even grad from a private school or Christian school. So I've seen both sides. I'll say this anytime a private school has any what some sort of succes it's always automatically "recruitment" but if your like CA and other schools you usually don't have a 10-0 season every year so when you do bad all you hear is comments such as "those pricate boys can't hang they are rich don't how to play" what happened to the comment about recruiting people? It's ridicoulius it's either you win =recruit . You lose=spoiled kids who can't play. Secondly I understand Christian school means setting a good example but I mean seriously dude they are teenage kids who are playing an emotional game there's going to be cheap shots or cursing. It's an emotional games so it ticks me off when I see comments like " you should have heard there mouths during the game" there teenage boys playing a game there not going to let you hit them in the mouth and be all nice about it. What it boils down to is your just angry when a private school wins and you result to finding whatever you can to a school look bad. So just quit whinning and making excuses. It's just really annoying

but why are the private schools mouths so much worse than the publics we play???????????

but why are the private schools mouths so much worse than the publics we play???????????

misconception, my friend..... you don't think the kids on your team cuss? Try to have an open mind when you talk about stuff like this. They're high school kids. Now, if it was coaches doing the cussing at a private school, that might be a little different as they are looked up to by the student body.

I'd Like The Option Of Ya'll Being In D-II And See If We Complain...

Totally agree, the privates should play with each other, when playoffs roll around. Doesn't matter who you play during the season. If they need five classes so be it.......... TSSAA is a joke. I'm moving back to Texas where real football is played........ Roll Tide!!!