Gerry Bertier's 4A End of the Season Play Predictions

Gerry Bertier

I am sorry but the whining in 4a about the quads is getting quite old. Since the 2010 playoffs, Giles Co. has been a Quad 2 team. The TSSAA has decided that the teams South of Nashville will go to Quad 2 and North of Nashville will go to quad 3. You may not like it, but it is what it is. Line up and play ball.

Just trying to fins some rime or reason teams that far away go to quad2 ... just conversation ... dont start no more threads if ya get offended by converation.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but the whining in 4a about the quads is getting quite old. Since the 2010 playoffs, Giles Co. has been a Quad 2 team. The TSSAA has decided that the teams South of Nashville will go to Quad 2 and North of Nashville will go to quad 3. You may not like it, but it is what it is. Line up and play ball.

thumb[1].gif

I agree dude....... This whole rant I am on is based on my school as of right now, and sure lots can happen. But the way this could play out is East Ham would have to play Hixson (again) then Dekalb on the road, then Giles on the road, then Greeneville or Fulton, then play for it all against Covington. The only team that benifits is Covington.

I have been hard headed for a long time no one is going to change my mind and say it makes sense for Dekalb, Giles, and East Ham to be in the same quad.

A lot for a team that went 9-1.

i understand everyones fussing about which quad what quad were quad - i am gonna talk about a team last year that was 6-4 and had to go on the road for every playoff game and just barley came up short against CAK to get to go to the state championship the team was austin east and they overcame a lot but if your teams are as good as you guys say then you have to play where they put you so if that means goning on the road i say hit it and play your ballgame to show everyone who's the best!

i understand everyones fussing about which quad what quad were quad - i am gonna talk about a team last year that was 6-4 and had to go on the road for every playoff game and just barley came up short against CAK to get to go to the state championship the team was austin east and they overcame a lot but if your teams are as good as you guys say then you have to play where they put you so if that means goning on the road i say hit it and play your ballgame to show everyone who's the best!

oh the coaches and players don't care..... Its just me a crazy old fart. You are 100% right. But after seeing all the post on here all season kind of excited going to Dekalb, seeing there place and a new team. If we can beat Hixson, then if we are lucky to get out of Smithfield alive a trip to Giles could be fun. But Giles has to get through Red Bank, they an't bad and then Signal....... can't wait for that board. I also rant every April 15th does me no good, so it is what it is.....icon_mrgreen.gif

Funny how things change in 12 months ... last year East Hamilton went 6-4 and squeaked out at least 2 or 3 of the 6 wins. That was good enough for a 2011 #1 Seed. This year is EH is currently 8-1 and favored over Howard on Friday ... winning convincingly in most (arguably all) of the 8 wins and they are a # 3 seed.

k...after all that reading and the new updated quads...and all that crying about quad 2 and how all the top teams are there and no one else is worthy...

so many things for u guys to think about

what if page ends up playing giles co for the gold ball...how incredible would that be...the dominance of district 12 would be unmatched...what if page beats giles this week...i mean that would be awesome wouldnt it

but please keep complaining...or maybe page leaves quad 3 and comes up to join quad 2...lucky for DeKalb cause they get to leave and head to quad 1...oh no wait...gota play greeneville and fulton...but no were a top team...or so we say...then...dang u just cant get away from that tuff game can ya...

DeKalb still has to get by Livingston Academy right...unless DeKalb throws a blowout im confused as to how theyre a top team...White House beat LA and WH is just 6-4...so even tho DeKalb goes 10-0...who exactly did u beat that makes u so dang good...

now White House is in quad 3...but they suck i suppose because theyre 6-4 even tho they beat a potential district winner and at least a runner up from the east...but quad 3 is still awful cause well...its the west and the west blows

then theres that lexington team who has 1 loss to a 5a school...just 2 losses the last 2 seasons...but they play in the west so they must be bad

then of course theres that maplewood team that played in the championship last year...theyre prolly down...but they gota be bad cause they play in the west

covington this covington that and how easy they have it...act like trezevant didnt play for the title 2 years ago...theyre not exactly bad now...then theres dyersburg a 1 loss team which came at the hands of covington...

its the playoffs...quit ur sob-story and play ball...if u lose...u lost to a better team...just hope they go on to play for the title...then maybe ull sleep better at night...

stop acting like quad 2 is the worst thing in the world...unless u play for the title no one cares when u stop playin ball

oh the coaches and players don't care..... Its just me a crazy old fart. You are 100% right. But after seeing all the post on here all season kind of excited going to Dekalb, seeing there place and a new team. If we can beat Hixson, then if we are lucky to get out of Smithfield alive a trip to Giles could be fun. But Giles has to get through Red Bank, they an't bad and then Signal....... can't wait for that board. I also rant every April 15th does me no good, so it is what it is.....icon_mrgreen.gif

yes i totally agree its a whole new ballgame come week 1 of the playoffs we all can rant and rave but the cream will truly rise to the top in the coming weeks good luck to all i really enjoy watching all the different teams - giles will have to beat a red bank team and then signal mt.? who knows what they have - this could be a really great game - just hope evrybody stays healthy and ready looking foward to a great playoff season!

k...after all that reading and the new updated quads...and all that crying about quad 2 and how all the top teams are there and no one else is worthy...

so many things for u guys to think about

what if page ends up playing giles co for the gold ball...how incredible would that be...the dominance of district 12 would be unmatched...what if page beats giles this week...i mean that would be awesome wouldnt it

but please keep complaining...or maybe page leaves quad 3 and comes up to join quad 2...lucky for DeKalb cause they get to leave and head to quad 1...oh no wait...gota play greeneville and fulton...but no were a top team...or so we say...then...dang u just cant get away from that tuff game can ya...

DeKalb still has to get by Livingston Academy right...unless DeKalb throws a blowout im confused as to how theyre a top team...White House beat LA and WH is just 6-4...so even tho DeKalb goes 10-0...who exactly did u beat that makes u so dang good...

now White House is in quad 3...but they suck i suppose because theyre 6-4 even tho they beat a potential district winner and at least a runner up from the east...but quad 3 is still awful cause well...its the west and the west blows

then theres that lexington team who has 1 loss to a 5a school...just 2 losses the last 2 seasons...but they play in the west so they must be bad

then of course theres that maplewood team that played in the championship last year...theyre prolly down...but they gota be bad cause they play in the west

covington this covington that and how easy they have it...act like trezevant didnt play for the title 2 years ago...theyre not exactly bad now...then theres dyersburg a 1 loss team which came at the hands of covington...

its the playoffs...quit ur sob-story and play ball...if u lose...u lost to a better team...just hope they go on to play for the title...then maybe ull sleep better at night...

stop acting like quad 2 is the worst thing in the world...unless u play for the title no one cares when u stop playin ball

In the great words of the Late Great Jim valvano " DONT GIVE UP - DONT EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!! PLAY HARD AND PLAY TO WIN!!

Gerry is there one or two games heading into week 10 that could affect the projected quads. Which game or games have the most significance to change the teams in each quad that we should pay attention too. All information very much appreciated.

I think the Livingston Dekalb game is very interesting. Probly won't affect quad assignments or final outcomes, but will greatly influence seeding of the top teams in quads 1 and 2. Could determine who travels in the east semi-final game.

Edited by MountainTroll