Sullivan South/Cleveland Playoff issue

mjuhb

Since neither Cleveland nor Walker Valley was 1st or 2nd in the district, they move to the wild-card tie-breakers, which are:

Tie-Breaker Procedures:

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

7. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

#1 tie-breaker was equal. #2 tie-breaker went to WV. Numbers 3-7 were not needed.

So I assume this is a done deal. TSSAA has made an official decision and the case is settled. Is there anything else South could do to force TSSAA to change the brackets? What are the chances that the TSSAA makes a decision to change after media pressure? I guess I am just wondering is it over?

TSSAA will pay Sullivan South's expenses to Columbia and any game hereafter should they pull the first-round upset. I was at South on Friday and AD Richardson and head coach Haynie were not aware of the by-law situation with 10 and/or 11 games. In fact the quote was "Enka faces a really good team in T.C. Roberson and if they lose that hurts us on the tie-breaker and we would have a tough time getting." There were no motions in place beforehand. AD Richardson told me this afternoon someone not even associated with the school call their attention to the error. With all that said, the simplest solution and would have affected just one more team would be to make South the 8th seed in Quadrant 1 and move Knox Central, the orginal 8 seed in Quadrant 1 into Cleveland's No. 8 spot in Quadrant 2. Central may not geographically next in line to move to Quadrant 2 but it's simpler than blowing up the entire bracket by moving Powell or Knox West.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Hmmmmm……doe dee doe doe….i drove the lawnmower down to practice today…….hmmmm…… we got some new faces………. One can run faster than my lawnmower in fifth gear…… a few will be disappointed come November that they jumped ship and went down to that sewage facility……. You can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job.