Daniel Boone vs Tennessee High (take 2)

trailblazersback

Well first of all I think that it is completely ridiculous that the only two 5a big 8 conference teams to make it are playing in the first round. I promise not to whine about it anymore, it's the hand we were dealt so gotta go play the game. Alot has changed since these teams played a month ago. Boone really hasn't been tested since losing #23 so I'd say at this point it's anybodys game. I believe it will come down to who wants it more and I'm highly doubting Tn High turns the ball over like they did in the last game. I guess what I'm trying to say is I really don't want to play TN High, they owe us one from a couple of years back when we knocked them out of the playoffs when they were ranked number one in state.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone has the home field advantage, have not lost at home all year, but I think we can throw all that out the window. TN High will not, repeat WILL NOT, throw a dozen interceptions this time, so Boone is going to have to earn this one the old fashioned way, in the trenches. TN High definitely owes Boone as mentioned above, but that was under a different coach and different players, so not sure how much motivation that will be. And you can always look for Jenkins and Barrel to throw in a few wrinkles.

Not sure who is going to want this one more, but I'm going to say: DB 25 TH 20

Tenn High is going to have to learn how to tackle or they won't be able to beat any team that has halfway decent athletes. But I do have to say that this is the match-up we've been waiting on. The Vikings have much to be fired up about going into this game.

Either team is capable of beating Powell , IMO.

Tenn High is going to have to learn how to tackle or they won't be able to beat any team that has halfway decent athletes. But I do have to say that this is the match-up we've been waiting on. The Vikings have much to be fired up about going into this game.

Dreams do come true. I was hoping we got matched up with the vikes. I just hope our slow non-athletic players find a way to win by 30 again.

Dreams do come true. I was hoping we got matched up with the vikes. I just hope our slow non-athletic players find a way to win by 30 again.

Yes they do...I was hoping to meet in the second round ,but friday will be just fine.

As for your slow non -athletic players as.. YOU..call them they are just as athletic as anybody other than the 2 6A schools of coarse.Don,t know where you dug that one up, don't think anybody here has said that. Odds are though you won't get 6 turnovers in the second quarter this time to help the cause..so strap in for what should be a tight one this time around ,but like CAP said we must tackle better or it won't matter.

Knox area not that strong this year?

district 4 is very strong, district 3 not so much. Unless Powell developed a lot from our pre-season scrimmage, which is certainly possible, they are not a strong passing team. Run defense will be very important against them, so Boone may match up better with them. They played a very weak schedule and almost lost to Campbell Co. The QB is a strong runner.

HTV may want to weigh in on this. He is the Powell expert.

Edited by crawdad

I guess that means we are both happy campers. The Boone game was by far the worst performance from the Vikings this year. With that being said I'm sure you can look forward in seeing a different team this time around. I would say you're going to have to open up the playbook a little further than the QB keeper and the boomb come Friday night. By the way... Boone always manages to put the saddle on a couple of good athletes each year, but after that I guess I would have to agree with you on the "slow non-athetic" thing. icon_mrgreen.gif