11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking for clarification. We are in agreement I think.

Harpeth's best teams ran up against the AA team that won state quite a few years. I.e. The Liberty Tech juggernaut, Giles Co with Tyler Smith and some good Bolivar teams with Chism and without. I thought the team the year before the substrate year underachiever and Trey Carruthers put the substrate team on his back and got every ounce out of that team. Harpeth graduated 7 the year before that played a ton of minutes. Harpeth had no business playing Lipscomb. They beat a really good Sycamore team with Dempsey and Staggs to get there.

All this to say that most kids come out of their Jamie Wilson experience as better men than they went in. Some might not I guess, but I think those are questions you ask a former player 5 or 6 years after their playing days. He's a good guy as far as I'm concerned. I don't think this is the proper forum to air any dirty laundry.

Who's airing any dirty laundry? Facts by definition is not dirty laundry.

Whatever. Just seems like a Jamie bashing session to me. He's not going to respond, it's not really productive and just curious...............why can't facts be considered dirty laundry?

Lord knows Harpeth is notorious for airing our complaints against coaches on Coach T rather than calling them up and talking to them. Happens in football, happened a couple of times in baseball, girls basketball ran off coaches as fast as they could hire them there for awhile. Now boys basketball? I don't get it. It's never been very productive as far as I could tell in inititiating any kind of change or gaining playing time or whatever it is the poster is after. What are you after BasketballNutty? :huh:

Waverly whooped Camden tonight but it could have been a much better game had Camden just hit their layups.

Waverly plays with 10 times the heart they showed last year they contested every shot we took I look forward to the next game in Waverly.

In my opinion District 11 is much improved from last year. This years Camden team would beat last years team easily and we have been handed our butts 3 times in district already with a trip to Cheatham friday.

I just hope Camden doesn't lay down because they should be trying to get better and better so when Tournaments start they can make a good showing for themselves

Had to add I think Harpeths coach does a fine job and told him so last year at the district tourney as well as Cheatham countys coach. You guys all might want to go out of your way to let your own coaches know how much you appreciate them and tell them what a fine job they do.Even if you don't always agree with them i bet there is one thing they do that you can see eye to eye on. For instance "coach I really like the style of defense you coach".

Edited by Beagle

Cheatham county got there butts handed to the by creek wood tonight they had a 20 point lead at half with the starting 5 in the game and for some crazy reason he changed the line up in the 2nd half left his big man and best defender on the bench. Plunkett made the task look very easy with out those two in the game 33 for cheatham and 20 looked like they had no clue what was going on but still they were not pulled from the game. All the credit to creek wood they wanted it more than the coach from cheatham I think he got way to creative for his own good and cost him self a good chance to loose the season when u have a starting five like he has u just don't change it till u have too bad coaching in my book. No way he beats waverly twice to save his season that's just my opinion

Whatever. Just seems like a Jamie bashing session to me. He's not going to respond, it's not really productive and just curious...............why can't facts be considered dirty laundry?

Lord knows Harpeth is notorious for airing our complaints against coaches on Coach T rather than calling them up and talking to them. Happens in football, happened a couple of times in baseball, girls basketball ran off coaches as fast as they could hire them there for awhile. Now boys basketball? I don't get it. It's never been very productive as far as I could tell in inititiating any kind of change or gaining playing time or whatever it is the poster is after. What are you after BasketballNutty? :huh:

How is it that players that should be playing for Harpeth are now playing against us in our district because of Wilson, how is that considered dirty laundry. I go to about 5 or 6 Harpeth home games a year, Cheatham and Creek Wood are 2 of the games I attend. Cheatham has 1 player and Creek Wood has 3 players that without a doubt would help Harpeth. And 2 maybe 3 would be starting for Harpeth if they were at HHS. Call it bashing all you want, facts are facts.

And I just read where Creek Wood beat Cheatham. By a cubs poster - "Plunkett made the task look very easy with out those two in the game". Not my words. I couldn't believe it so I called my Creek Wood contact and he said. 16 pt lead for Cheatham at the half. And they came back and beat them. Morgn had 22 pts and Plunkett had a double double - 14pts and 11 assists. So are you telling me, being the Harpeth fan you are, it doesn't hurt to watch these kids play for other teams, when they should be playing for us. Just saying...........

And I'm not after anything. I thought this was a open forum.

Edited by BasketballNutty

Cheatham plays Camden Friday night I think Camden has a good shot of beating them. They never come off a lose very well. And the hot shots on the team will make sure it's a 2 man show. Hopefully 33 and 20 showed up for practice and watched the plays. So they don't look so lost.

This is unbelievable. You are a Cubs fan, well after everything you been saying about these KIDS and their coach, which they highly respect, why don't you find another team to cheer for, we don't need you. These boys are a family and so are all our fans so you don't belong. Out of respect for everyone I want tell you what I really think about your ignorant post. I will say a prayer for you today. God Bless you.

How is it that players that should be playing for Harpeth are now playing against us in our district because of Wilson, how is that considered dirty laundry. I go to about 5 or 6 Harpeth home games a year, Cheatham and Creek Wood are 2 of the games I attend. Cheatham has 1 player and Creek Wood has 3 players that without a doubt would help Harpeth. And 2 maybe 3 would be starting for Harpeth if they were at HHS. Call it bashing all you want, facts are facts.

And I just read where Creek Wood beat Cheatham. By a cubs poster - "Plunkett made the task look very easy with out those two in the game". Not my words. I couldn't believe it so I called my Creek Wood contact and he said. 16 pt lead for Cheatham at the half. And they came back and beat them. Morgn had 22 pts and Plunkett had a double double - 14pts and 11 assists. So are you telling me, being the Harpeth fan you are, it doesn't hurt to watch these kids play for other teams, when they should be playing for us. Just saying...........

And I'm not after anything. I thought this was a open forum.

And Harpeth has had just as many transfer in. Sal the point guard from Sycamore one year, Dansby from Cheatham, etc. Atkisson went to Creekwood. I'm leaving somebody out besides all the girls that have moved around from school to school. It happens. My kid played against kids at Hickman and East Hickman and Creekwood that were Harpeth kids that moved for whatever reason. Personality conficts at some level, parental influence or just moved to another part of the district. I'll stand by what I said. Do an exit poll 5-6 years after the kid has graduated and ask the questions. Folks get WAY too caught up in high school athletics. It's all about that 1/2 scholarship to a junior college. We need to get some perspective about what is really important. And that's across the board. Coaches should be encouraging kids to play as many sports as they can while they can instead of burning them out on the one. Parents should stop putting this phenom status on their kids in junior pro and then watching them crash and burn. Put that money you pay to travel around the state playing AAU, travel ball and getting private lessons into a mutual fund and pay for your kids education yourself. There are too many options for kids/parents that are disgruntled for whatever reason. In Cheatham County, they can pay to play at NCS, PVCS, Davidson Academy, Goodpasture or CPA and drop their kids off on the way to work, play out of zone at Cheatham or Harpeth without penalty or move.

The reason that West Tennessee kicks our tails in athletics is because their communities buy in. Those students outside of Jackson and Memphis don't have options for private schools or open zones and they are invested in their community schools. You don't read about them having a different Director of Schools every year and turning over coaches and teachers constantly. I think that's a phenomenon that's exclusive to little rural counties adjacent to big urban ones.

Off the soap box. There is some shared blame about this stuff and hindsight is 20/20. My wife and I moved here to have a community based school where everybody knows everybody as we were both products of big AAA schools. 20 years into it, I have mixed feelings about which is the best.

Congratulations to Creek Wood. Their gym has always been a tough place to play.

Edited by ksgovols

Camden will not beat any good team till coach Trammell figures out what game flow means and yes in big games you have to shrink your bench. Coach T thinks he has to subs players based on what time the clock say not how the game is flowing. I watch our team make three runs only to be cut short because the clock said "oh its time to sub". I have seen it all year. Camden is up 10-8 in first quarter, the game is flowing in Camden direction, but no the clock says 5:00 minute mark so we go with the 5:00 subs. We end the quarter down 24-16. Quarter two begins starters back in Camden makes a run cuts the lead to two, but wait the clock reads 4:30 I have to sub again, subs come in Camden goes into half down 11. Camden start the third quarter with the starters back they go down 14, but wait they go on a 10-0 run to cut the lead to 4 with 1:30 left in the quarter. The gym is rocking the electricity is at a high level and the team is pumped up, but wait coach T finds it a great time to make two subs again and Camden ends the third down 10. Well after that, the game got out of hand. You could just see the air go out of these kids and the building, except for the Waverly side. And let me just add the Waverly fan showed up in droves and represented their team great, props to them. Every good coach knows you do not disturb game flow i dont care what your sub chart says. Secondly you shorten your bench you play your best 5 players and you ride your horses. There are plenty of( A ) games Camden plays where everyone will get alot of playing time. In the big games you play to WIN, not to make sure everyone is happy with their playing time. I'm not saying we beat Waverly if Coach T stays in the flow of the game with his players (this is a great Waverly team) but I know this, Camden is there in the end win or lose.