11-AA

tigers90

I ma starting to think Brooklynbrawler and Howditknow2 are related or maybe even one guy. Should the rest of the district just bow down to the mighty Cubs? perhaps we should just save our money and forfeit tonight's game. Just go ahead and cancel the rest of the season and send Cubs to State, perhaps we can just get TSSAA to send them the trophy. Maybe you can just order one off line, same place you get the regular season trophies.

Give it a rest, lets let the boys play out the rest of the season and let the better team on each night win. There is no doubt that Cheatham is having an exceptional year, and they have tons of talent. That being said they should have won last years tourney if you just look at talent. Somebody help me here....they didn't win last years tourney because on that one night, they got out played. It can happen to anybody, that's why we play the games. Look at all the upsets in college ball this year.

I'm not sure what purpose it serves for a fan to get on here and trash every other team in the district with threats of beat downs and bending someone over a Chevy. Most of these seniors will be playing their final games of their career over the next few weeks, wouldn't it be cool to play them on the court and not on a message board. As I have said previously, the players are not the ones that are doing the trash talking. I know for a fact that they mutually respct one another. Tonight you will have a Cheatham senior playing against his Dad, a Harpeth Coach, do you really think they will be wishing ill will towards one another? Do you think one would like to embarass the other? I don't, I also know several of the Cheatham players maintain friendships with several of the Harpeth players off the court.

Where does all of this hatered come from Howditknow2/Brooklynbrawler? Did Mommy not hug you enough as a kid, were you never good enough to be an athlete, get cut as a kid and now this is your only pulpit? Let it go! Go watch the game, cheer for your team and be a good sport, win or lose. If you lose, don't blame officials, coaches, fans, moon phases, or under inflated balls. Just accept it and move on, that is what we try to teach the kids to do.

I am looking forward to seeing a good game tonight, and hope both teams play well.

Well you can certainly believe that if you'd like to coachcutt (so you go ahead and do so). You, and whatever BB's CoachT username happens to be, can believe whatever you want to and I will never have an issue with it. I know who a lot of people on here are. I know who you are, who ksgovols is, who saunders is, who mumbletypeg is, who baronsword is, who cheathamcubs13 is, who connman is, who coachrop is, and COUNTLESS OTHER COACHT MEMBERS are so don't think for a second that you can get on here and impress me with your knowledge of CoachT users.

Oh and by the way I would never call myself "an athlete" by any means but with that said you couldn't have been as good as me on your BEST DAY that I promise you. You could have handed me a water bottle though for sure.

Oh and I haven't blamed anyone for a loss either. Your English is apparently as awful as your investigating because I even posted that when I said that Creek Wood wanted it more than the Cubs in that particular game. Cheatham County beat Waverly in the game where the official was referenced. In Cheatham County's other losses they doomed themselves at the free throw line against Kenwood and Horn Lake, MS last year. No refs cost them in either of those cases. In football last fall CPA beat the Cubs because they were better. No calls changed the game's outcome. In the other games the Cubs won 11 of the 12 by double-digits.

I like Creek Wood, I like all of their players and coaches. I like Wilson. I grew up and played ball with his younger brother. I like Young. He has been a good coach for years. I like the radio voice of the Waverly Tigers. I like Trammell at Camden. He is a good young basketball coach. That's about it for the people that I like in the district and I couldn't be happier to be moving to a new district next year.

Football season on the 11-AA forums is not this way (with the exception of 1 assistant football coach at Harpeth who calls out the football coaches at Cheatham County after they finally lose a game). EVERYONE KNOWS how I feel about that!

Now I am sure you'll come up with something new so let's read it. Oh and if you have an issue with me I am not hard to find. I don't call people that I dislike to the parking lot because I will be in the gym. You come and find me if you have anything to say to me.

Edited by howdoitknow2

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I write a lengthy post about letting the kids play the game without all of this anger towards other teams. Did I hit a nerve? My reference to you and Bbrawler was on the similiarity of your posts. You both seem to have some unresolved anger issues. We are talking about high school kids. Not professional players. How many of these kids will ever make a living playing a sport? They play for love of the game, that is the purest of motivation. They don't play to bait, fight, heckle, or humiliate their opponents.

What is it with you and looking for a confrontation?

My whole post was about sportsmanship and having a positive experience and now you want me to come find you in the gym? I did find you in the gym last year and thought we had a good conversation. As far as my playing days... that was 30 years ago, I have let go of those days long time ago, apparently you haven't been able to.

Let it go, and if you continue to call people out on a personal level you may get your wish. Have a great Day!

Edited by coachcutt

The Cheatham County trilogy of rivalries is pretty unique in basketball. For some of the seniors tonight it will be their 20th some odd game against one another since 4th grade Jr. Pro. I agree with Coachcutt that it's been my experience that the boys get along much better with one another than the fans seem to. The best thing that ever happened for both my boys was to play ball with their rivals for awhile. My oldest played baseball with a bunch of guys from Sycamore for 3 of the most enjoyable summers he had in sports and my youngest played with a summer basketball group with kids from all over the county. They got better perspective that way and made friends for life. That's what it's about.

Two antedotes:

Johnny's moma said something about Gilbert in the stands back in 1972 and Gilbert's moma took offense to it and down the stands they rolled with each others poofed up hair dids in each others hands clawing and screetching down the bleachers. I don't remember who won the game, but I guarantee Johnny and Gilbert are embarrassed to this day.

Same thing 7 years later with Jeff's dad and Todd's uncle in the stands of an American Legion game between two teams from the same county. Fistfight in the stands between 2 dumass old farts. I was old enough to be embarrassed for the kid that was on my team and I don't think his Dad showed his face around the crowd after that. He hung out by the outfield fence ashamed of himself for the next year and a half.

And if we're going to keep on beating a goat that's been dead for 10 years, I think we should give him a name. How about Pokie?

A good point was made that a lot of these seniors will be playing there last high school games. I want to personally call out a Creek Wood player that is a class act. He is one of the best players in the district and truly one of the finest young men I have ever known. With all of the negativity, I would like to give credit to some players that we have watched for years and now they are nearing the end of time in this district. Michael Morgan is a perfect example of what a high school athlete should be. I have watched him play above the rim and be able to jump with anyone. We will miss all of the seniors. I just wanted to mention Michael Morgan because I have admired him for awhile and I think he deserves all the credit for the way he has played and the way he has caried himself. Good luck as you wind down your regular season and go into the tournament.

Wow! I write a lengthy post about letting the kids play the game without all of this anger towards other teams. Did I hit a nerve? My reference to you and Bbrawler was on the similiarity of your posts. You both seem to have some unresolved anger issues. We are talking about high school kids. Not professional players. How many of these kids will ever make a living playing a sport? They play for love of the game, that is the purest of motivation. They don't play to bait, fight, heckle, or humiliate their opponents.

What is it with you and looking for a confrontation?

My whole post was about sportsmanship and having a positive experience and now you want me to come find you in the gym? I did find you in the gym last year and thought we had a good conversation. As far as my playing days... that was 30 years ago, I have let go of those days long time ago, apparently you haven't been able to.

Let it go, and if you continue to call people out on a personal level you may get your wish. Have a great Day!

You're the one who brought my playing abilities into question. You should go back and re-read your posts before you critique mine. I will be sure to have a great day.....and an even better night!