11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not gnna argue and bicker my statement will be my last on this post...CCHS has no room to bicker about the ref's at waverly that was horrific tonight...if u let the kids play the way the game is meant to be played there might be a different outcome...that being said great game good luck to both teams I look frwd to hearing how the district tourney goes...

Joey I moved away a couple years ago and we were friends. I thought you were above this garbage. I decided to make the two hour journey to see this game. Great game by two evenly matched teams. Waverly dominated this game pretty much start to finish other than lapse at end which only time CC led. Tetrible np call pnyou steal at endyou and thenI intentional fpul on waverly, no way. The officiating kept this game from being a Waverly blow out. Cold you say? Mullinax was very cold and Waverly missed at least 8 uncontested layups. Im not going to argue with you but the better team tonight lost. There was no blowout or dunkfest like you predicted. Give it a rest! Waverly and CCHS are evenly matched. They will meet again and could go either way.

Have to hand it to Cheatham tonight, they showed why they are one of the better teams in the mid-state. Not exactly the " hammer " job that was predicted, but a win is a win. One thing that caught me by surprise though was the storming of the court after the win, just a little strange. I know it was a big game and a big win, but I can honestly say I have never seen that take place in a high school basketball game before, let alone a regular season game. This game just proved that these two teams are very evenly matched. Now both teams need to take care of business on Friday then hopefully we will get to see another matchup in the tourney, thats where it will matter the most. Can't say that I am disappointed to have made my last trip to Cheatham Co. tonight, hate the drive!

Joey I moved away a couple years ago and we were friends. I thought you were above this garbage. I decided to make the two hour journey to see this game. Great game by two evenly matched teams. Waverly dominated this game pretty much start to finish other than lapse at end which only time CC led. Tetrible np call pnyou steal at endyou and thenI intentional fpul on waverly, no way. The officiating kept this game from being a Waverly blow out. Cold you say? Mullinax was very cold and Waverly missed at least 8 uncontested layups. Im not going to argue with you but the better team tonight lost. There was no blowout or dunkfest like you predicted. Give it a rest! Waverly and CCHS are evenly matched. They will meet again and could go either way.

Ricky: I have not attacked you in any way, shape, or form so I would appreciate it if you'd practice what you preach and do the same thing. Thanks!

The Cubs won and the reason the students stormed the court is because the win CLINCHED THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE DISTRICT 11-AA CHAMPIONSHIP for the Cubs basketball team. That's a reason for students to celebrate. This Cubs win was far from "an upset".

The part in BOLD appears to be something that looks like a person ripping an official. I thought many others posted "don't blame officials, injuries, food poisoning, etc." recently on this topic.

Also I noticed that Camden only beat Montgomery Central by 3 points last night. Montgomery Central has recently played Waverly to a 2-point game, Harpeth to a 10-point game, and now Camden to a 3-point game. I'm sure Waverly & Creek Wood would much rather play Stewart County than Montgomery Central at this point.

Edited by howdoitknow2

THE UPDATED DISTRICT 11-AA STANDINGS

1.) Cheatham County: 21-3 (10-1): Camden (2/8)

2.) Waverly: 20-5 (9-2): Creek Wood (2/8)

3.) Creek Wood: 12-8 (7-4): Waverly (2/8): has tiebreaker over HHS b/c they beat CCCHS

4.) Harpeth: 14-13 (7-5): West Creek (2/8)

5.) Camden: 18-8 (5-6): Carroll Academy (2/7); Cheatham County (2/8)

6.) Stewart County: 3-23 (1-10): Montgomery Central (2/8)

7.) Montgomery Central: 5-20 (0-11): Houston County (2/7); Stewart County (2/8)

CHEATHAM COUNTY CUBS:

• BACK-TO-BACK DISTRICT 11-AA CHAMPIONSHIPS
  • 45-9 during that period of time (.833 winning %)
  • Soon-To-Be "District 11-AA Tournament Champions"

Edited by howdoitknow2

I just want to point out there some facts 1. Nobody's won anything yet because the tournament has now been played and 2. The past4 years cheatham county is3-6 versus Waverly ( 2 being this year) cheatham has 0 district championships and Waverly has 1. And both of those teams have made it to the semifinals of the region once in that span