Sullivan South Rebels @Columbia Lions

crawdad

When I first saw this matchup as a #1 vs #8 I was admittedly skeptical about the Rebels chances. I haven't had the chance to do a great deal of research on the Columbia squad this year but what I have read has not overwhelmed me. I don't think they are at the level of the last Columbia team we faced and if we can hold them to 28 to 35 points and limit turnovers on our side we've got a fighting chance to take another long bus ride the next weekend.

I dont think Columbia is very overwhelmed with your team and its D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true but there is a bit of a story behind those numbers. Two of those games were against the #4 and #5 ranked 6A teams in the state and the other high scoring game against us came in a game where we made a ton of mistakes (interceptions, fumbles, etc.). We had at least 6 and maybe 7 or 8 turnovers in that game and still put 30some points on the board. The Rebels have shown hints of a good football team this year but there have been a few breakdowns as well. They are going to roll into Columbia with the mindset that they have something to prove. Wish I could be there!

Besides South, there are other teams in 5A not playing where they should be playing on Friday night because the TSSAA chose not to re-seed the brackets to what they should have been had the first mistake not been made. But they made a second mistake and have ended up affecting more than just one game.

Very true and to compound it they are paying South's way. When the mistake was realized it should have been properly corrected. But hey they didn't want the backlash from so many teams so they just offered to pay South's way. What happens if South wins do they pay again for the next week.

Here is a nice article form the Chattanooga Times-Free Press. They have been getting on the TSSAA pretty hard as of late and it is well deserved. Wish other papers would do the same and something might actually change for the better.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/nov/02/tssaa-precedent-stirs-mixed-feelings-tennessee/