State Playoffs... Your thoughts

MrTSSAA

It has been said multiple times over the past few years, and after reviewing over the playoff quadrents this saturday, the state playoff have become entirely too watered down.

I hate the fact that we have gone to an eight (6 div I, 2 div II) division playoff across the state. Everyone has there own opinion on how to setup the classifications, and I am sure several are better than what we have today.

I personally like 5 total classifications and leave it at that. Bring back the privates and use a 2X multipler rule... Better competition, less travel, better atmospheres across the state... If this was in place and you had reduced travel during the regular season you could increase travel in the playoff by breaking the state into two quadrents instead of four allowing teams different competetion as opposed to playing the same district team again in the playoff (example this year class 1A)... This would allow the better teams to have a greater chance at making if further in come playoffs (example CAK/Alcoa). The only issue I believe the T$$AA has with this is $$$...

What are your thoughts...?

Edited by mtownballer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of that the seeding process needs to be better refined, we have a good system just the way it is. Tennessee already has the largest multiplier in the USA, it does not need to be any higher. No system is perfect, but what we have now is so much better than what we used to have 5 years ago.

With the exception of that the seeding process needs to be better refined, we have a good system just the way it is. Tennessee already has the largest multiplier in the USA, it does not need to be any higher. No system is perfect, but what we have now is so much better than what we used to have 5 years ago.

Largest multiplier sounds good until you realize it doesn't actually mean anything.

Double It...

5 classes, 8 regions in each class, top 4 in each region is playoff bound. no multiplier, all privates play 5A...

This would be way to simple.

I would either have ALL the private schools play in a single classification by themselves. Or, put them along with the public schools in without using any multipliers and they can't play up any levels.

I just wish that the bib overall wearing crowd would stop all of their crying, whining, and complaining.

Perhaps we could create one more division and put ALL of the rural publics in it that have under 350 students in them and let them play with themselves. Of course if we did that, the smaller schools would still whine about something else.

5 classes, 8 regions in each class, top 4 in each region is playoff bound. no multiplier, all privates play 5A...

This would be way to simple.

I agree except the private school part. I understand where your coming from how y'all always play FCA who somehow is always better than most big schools but schools like CA wou

D get screwed over. They honestly don't recruit. If you saw there size you'd agree