WVLT Televised Playoff Game?

TSpoon

I was wondering if anybody knows how much say the school has in the play-offs? I am assuming Parker had to pay TSSAA for the right to broadcast. How much did he have to pay? That should be public knowledge. No telling how much BC/BS of Tennessee pays to sponsor the Championship games. What I am saying is this, if the TSSAA gets a nice chunk of money to give these rights to Pac-Man Productions, they might have the right to tell the school they must allow the broadcast.

Personally, I have gotten to watch some games I wouldn't have seen without the broadcast. But it appears to me it has caused some crowd numbers to be down and that is costing the school money. I am not sure the TSSAA would allow the schools to ask Parker and Co. to pay the school a price the school demands. Parker is making money off the schools product and draw ability (more viewers = more money Packer can charge advertisers). The school should be able to set the price for their product! Supply and Demand! Since Maryville has the Notre Dame fight song, I want the Notre Dame TV Contract! You want to broadcast us, pay up! If I am not mistaken the first Maryville/Alcoa game they (Pac-Man) broadcasted drew an unprecedented share for a High School ballgame. That means Money!

I was wondering if anybody knows how much say the school has in the play-offs? I am assuming Parker had to pay TSSAA for the right to broadcast. How much did he have to pay? That should be public knowledge. No telling how much BC/BS of Tennessee pays to sponsor the Championship games. What I am saying is this, if the TSSAA gets a nice chunk of money to give these rights to Pac-Man Productions, they might have the right to tell the school they must allow the broadcast.

A link to the Media Guidelines from the 2012-13 TSSAA Handbook: http://www.tssaa.org...dbook/Media.pdf .

What I'm unclear on is whether ANYONE should be permitted to televise playoff games live according to the TSSAA's own media guidelines. There are inconsistencies and possible omissions in the TSSAA's use of the terms "telecast" and "videostream". But because there are places where "telecast" and "videostream" are used side by side, I think one has to assume they know the difference and consider them, in fact, to be different. If you look at the link above and therein at section B, articles 1 and 2, you'll notice the only option for "live" video of a football playoff game is a videostream ($750 fee paid to the game director and included as part of the gate receipts). The only opportunity in the media guidelines for a "telecast" is a 24-hour tape delayed telecast ($250 fee paid to the game director and included as part of the gate receipts).

I haven't watched any of the playoff games, but I take it they're being aired live on television, not just on some web channel. If that's correct, just going on the TSSAA's stated media guidelines, it appears as though the TSSAA might once again be overlooking the details of their own Handbook.

Will there be an internet stream or replay of the DB@Maryville game? Since I am "out of the market"

Live internet feed - The simple way is to go to CoachT gameday or scoreboard and by the post of the game click on the first square( wireless signal) and it will give you a link to the TSSAA live video website. You cannot usually see a replay but they will sell you a DVD copy. $$$$