McKenzie Rebels 2013

foxtrot16

Duck.....How's The Hunting...? I Aint Heard Nothing But A Bunch Of Shooting Over Your Way...Are Ya Sighting In Or Slaying Em?

Huntin' stinks but mercifully it will be over this coming weekend. Then I won't feel obligated to get up at 3:30 AM and go again for almost a year!!!!!! Fell in a couple of times last week. Water is too cold for swimming by the way!!!!!! 5:30 AM in the dark is not the best time to go chunky dunkin' when it's 29 degrees!!!! But you know me, I tried it a second time just for verification. It's now officially verified.

If you are hearing "shots fired" from over this way it's likely from people leaving Hig's or the Camel Corner Store across the street!!!????? For sure it ain't me!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Huntin' stinks but mercifully it will be over this coming weekend. Then I won't feel obligated to get up at 3:30 AM and go again for almost a year!!!!!! Fell in a couple of times last week. Water is too cold for swimming by the way!!!!!! 5:30 AM in the dark is not the best time to go chunky dunkin' when it's 29 degrees!!!! But you know me, I tried it a second time just for verification. It's now officially verified.

If you are hearing "shots fired" from over this way it's likely from people leaving Hig's or the Camel Corner Store across the street!!!????? For sure it ain't me!!!!

Hold Up On Them Bath's Your Taking...Spring Is A Coming....I Forgot About Hig's Being Over There....That'd Answer Why There Is Shooting Going On....LOL...The Hamburgers At The Camel Jockey Store Seem A Mite Bland Lately....I Hear Reports Of Cat's A Missing...LOL Edited by Butchie

HAAAAHH!!!Knew we wuz a lot alike Duck...3 feet 'o' water aint all that deep,but it's too deep to sit down in!!!One question...if I got to dunk myself...why can't I do it when it's 60?

Hey You Ole Coot..Gald To Hear From Ya...

Just been "lurking" Butchie,not much happening around here...yet. Interviews taking place for football(postponed last week for weather),so maybe things get back on track soon as the announcement is made. Got some good applicants from solid programs...excited to move forward with a new start!!!

HAAAAHH!!!Knew we wuz a lot alike Duck...3 feet 'o' water aint all that deep,but it's too deep to sit down in!!!One question...if I got to dunk myself...why can't I do it when it's 60?

Well, i've even done that BUT the water was still below 50 degrees so ...................... The verification ot all of this leads to if it's in duck season don't mix your body with the water. Always keep at least boots between the two and everybody is "happy, happy, happy" LOL! But the reality is that if you do this long enouigh you will eventually take a dip in the icy wetness!!!! I certainly hope that at this point I've now taken my last plunge!!!!!!

Just been "lurking" Butchie,not much happening around here...yet. Interviews taking place for football(postponed last week for weather),so maybe things get back on track soon as the announcement is made. Got some good applicants from solid programs...excited to move forward with a new start!!!

tradertwo, sure hope ya'll find a really good coach. It will make a lot of difference. It takes a lot of dedication on the part of coaches, players and community to make it all happen. It was obvious last season at the Gleason game that ya'll certainly have the support of the community. If the new coach has the right work ethic in himself and can sell that to the kids it will happen eventually. Pretty much all the successful programs nowdays is a 12 month a year deal if it's gonna happen. Takes a lot of work and dedication. I remember at the game there that one kid on ya'lls team that was reamin' butts at halftime.......If a team had about 20 like that they'd be tough to beat!!! LOL Gotta get 'em all out of the halls and on the field for starters and then go from there!!!

Now I'm gonna start work on my weekend game plan as to staying dry at the blind.

Edited by duckman38201

Well we are for a fact. Knew that when we were at the game. The danger in all that is that if you blend in with me and Butchie it could get a little dangerous some places!! LOL It was comforting having Marshal Jakeel Buford Dillon standing there with us anyway!!! Knowing he hadn't shot anybody in a couple of weeks was comforting too!!!!! LOL He seemed like an OK dude.

Edited by duckman38201

tradertwo, sure hope ya'll find a really good coach. It will make a lot of difference. It takes a lot of dedication on the part of coaches, players and community to make it all happen. It was obvious last season at the Gleason game that ya'll certainly have the support of the community. If the new coach has the right work ethic in himself and can sell that to the kids it will happen eventually. Pretty much all the successful programs nowdays is a 12 month a year deal if it's gonna happen. Takes a lot of work and dedication. I remember at the game there that one kid on ya'lls team that was reamin' butts at halftime.......If a team had about 20 like that they'd be tough to beat!!! LOL Gotta get 'em all out of the halls and on the field for starters and then go from there!!!

Now I'm gonna start work on my weekend game plan as to staying dry at the blind.

Talked to the "bossman" today,and he said two interviews down...two to go. Two of the applicants (at least) are top-notch...and have been involved in building programs into perennial powers from scratch.Both have strong recomendations from several outstanding coaches.I've talked with one applicant personaly...if he's hired tomorrow,I'm excited with what we've got...if someone else is chosen...well he must have blown somebody's skirt up to have beaten out app#1. Things are looking up in Lion Country! Marshal JB Dillon is a good one...I can usually be found within his "area of awarness"...nuthin like havin' a good bodyguard with the county pickin up the tab.Luck to the Rebs next year...and in the swamp to you this season...almost over now (thank God) !

Talked to the "bossman" today,and he said two interviews down...two to go. Two of the applicants (at least) are top-notch...and have been involved in building programs into perennial powers from scratch.Both have strong recomendations from several outstanding coaches.I've talked with one applicant personaly...if he's hired tomorrow,I'm excited with what we've got...if someone else is chosen...well he must have blown somebody's skirt up to have beaten out app#1. Things are looking up in Lion Country! Marshal JB Dillon is a good one...I can usually be found within his "area of awarness"...nuthin like havin' a good bodyguard with the county pickin up the tab.Luck to the Rebs next year...and in the swamp to you this season...almost over now (thank God) !

Looks like my swamp luck is pretty well not happening this season!! Hope the Rebs fare better or it's gonna be a bummer on that count too. I know ya'll will play Gleason up here next season I guess so stay in touch and we'll hang out at that one. At least get something to eat before hand if nothiong else. I don't think they have a Marshal JB Dillon at Gleason but most likely don't need one anyway......LOL Here's to dry, warm feet and such next weekend!!! If a duck gets near me it's gonna die!!! I'm really mad at 'em now!!!