WHO SHOULD GRIDER REPLACE OPEN DATES WITH 2013

BABIEC

Does this mean you will be dropping Grundy next year?? 3A??

That would likely be the other way around given they have beat SP 3 times in 60 years. Grundy was one of the first of the old Sequatchie Valley Conference Schools to move up to AA (late 70s). Stevenson was 2a or 3a but they were in Alabama.

Edited by rlh

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean you will be dropping Grundy next year?? 3A??

I am sure SP will keep playing all of the traditional SVC rivals. I would like to see them add Bledsoe on a yearly basis. At one time the Sequatchie Valley Conference was one tough football league. Of course that has been MANY MANY moons ago.

Edited by TheAmbassador

I am sure SP will keep playing all of the traditional SVC rivals. I would like to see them add Bledsoe on a yearly basis. At one time the Sequatchie Valley Conference was one tough football league. Of course that has been MANY MANY moons ago.

If Marion can stay up, Grundy, Bledsoe, and Sequatchie all have very good young kids coming up. Next 4-6 years could be very good for the valley.

if its gas money that keeps it from happening ill cover that! Got to be something else that prevents these games? Come on Vic lets rumble with some of these boys! What do you need? Just name it. How about it Stone what's it take to make these games happen? Either one of these guys. Maybe UC. Heck man lets rumble with the best!

as has been said before the expense of traveling may be less because with the schedule we have now we are forced to travel in the playoffs when you are 7-3 from playing bigger schools.

Guest Purplepastry

Three open dates? What kind of mess is this? I still think that SP would make their own best opponent. Grider should make the Pirates play with themseves for all three open dates. People would show up for that even if it was three games in a row.

Three open dates? What kind of mess is this? I still think that SP would make their own best opponent. Grider should make the Pirates play with themseves for all three open dates. People would show up for that even if it was three games in a row.

Glad you is seeing more clearly....OP says the Pirates would obviously get more competion playing their JV team than Jasper & some others have been recently....and would be really beneficial if the TSSAA would give credit for strength of schedule.....Thanks for the acknowledgment......LOPAO........ Edited by OLD PIRATE