WHO SHOULD GRIDER REPLACE OPEN DATES WITH 2013

BABIEC

East Ridge, Rhea County,Hixson, Soddy Daisy,Notre Dame are a few close teams in Chattanooga that Grider should contact. Of coarse alot of SP's troble is other team's out of classification that don't want to play a smaller school in fear of getting beat by a small 1a school. In the regualar season I was trying to think back to when SP lost to a 1a school and I believe it was in 2006 to Temple{even tho it was a forfeit they still beat us on the field} and I think Whitwell back in 1991 when they went ti the semi's that year. regular season losses in 21 years is not to shabby. If someone know's more than that please give us info.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Willie are you thinking Marion is going to put a long losing streak on SP? They should have a good shot the next two seasons. What makes you think they are going to take back the series? I understand Marion had a good middle school team a couple years back, but do they have that in more than one grade?

JoeWillie simply believes Marion has consistantly been outcoached for several years. That's changed now assuming Coach Mac hangs around awhile. Intimidation factor that has led to Marion teams feeling whipped before whistle will be gone at opening kickoff next year. Confidence, some talent and size, exceptional coaching and home field will turn things next year at least for that one game. I say that with the expectation that Marion's defense will show marked improvement next season. No reason it shouldn't. Marion couldn't have beaten the SP 2007, 2010 or 2011 teams no matter who coached. 2008, 2009 and this year should have been at very least competative games IMO. Marion was still finding themselves at game time this year and defense has been simply awful. That Sand Mountain coach who's name I refuse to say beat SP twice, once with slightly better talent, 2nd time with even or slightly less talent. Those were last well coached teams Marion fielded against SP. That advantage is gone with arrival of Coach Mac.

JoeWillie simply believes Marion has consistantly been outcoached for several years. That's changed now assuming Coach Mac hangs around awhile. Intimidation factor that has led to Marion teams feeling whipped before whistle will be gone at opening kickoff next year. Confidence, some talent and size, exceptional coaching and home field will turn things next year at least for that one game. I say that with the expectation that Marion's defense will show marked improvement next season. No reason it shouldn't. Marion couldn't have beaten the SP 2007, 2010 or 2011 teams no matter who coached. 2008, 2009 and this year should have been at very least competative games IMO. Marion was still finding themselves at game time this year and defense has been simply awful. That Sand Mountain coach who's name I refuse to say beat SP twice, once with slightly better talent, 2nd time with even or slightly less talent. Those were last well coached teams Marion fielded against SP. That advantage is gone with arrival of Coach Mac.

I like Coach Mac but let me remin everyone that Fear the Becks first season went to the semi finals didn't it?

Old Pirate says word around the break room is them Tn fellers is close to making the move to hire John Gruden & the SS confirmed the talk @ the TNTBSU shop was coach Vic would possibly join him in Knoxvegas.

Heck, I was at horace's today and they said that victor might take the auburn head job this year after they run chizik out............

You'll rethink that after next season. You folks just won't listen. I agree with whoever posted the travel now, travel later post. SP needs to find some 1A schools to replace at least a few of these loaded 2A/3A teams they're saddled with now. Personally I'd skip a Marion game to watch NJ/SP play but that would not solve the SP scheduling problem, only continue it.

If Grider wouldn't run up the score so high more 1-A school's might schedule game's ,. It's not so bad to get beat by a good team but when you get beat by 60--70--or 80 point's you will have a hard time scheduling 1-a teams.

Heck, I was at horace's today and they said that victor might take the auburn head job this year after they run chizik out............

Dad burnit, Old Pirate says coach Vic could teach that bunch of fellers a couple things! OP being an Auburn fan is like a heep of Tn fans......looking for consistancy in the futeball program. That has been coch Vic's strong suit, he has ran a consistant program... Edited by OLD PIRATE

If Grider wouldn't run up the score so high more 1-A school's might schedule game's ,. It's not so bad to get beat by a good team but when you get beat by 60--70--or 80 point's you will have a hard time scheduling 1-a teams.

Yep, recon so...coach Vic should jest dress out the grasss hoppers and let them play and sit his varsity on the bench and rest them..and if they do play...tell them to walk not run the futeball, punt on second down, send only the kicker out on kickoffs!

Theys far too many programs that need to take heed and listen to what OP has been telling them fellers from Jasper about. Read the manual and watch the videos on Stud Making.....

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Yep, recon so...coach Vic should jest dress out the grasss hoppers and let them play and sit his varsity on the bench and rest them..and if they do play...tell them to walk not run the futeball, punt on second down, send only the licker out on kickoffs!

Theys far too many programs that need to take heed and listen to what OP has been telling them fellers from Jasper about. Read the manual and watch the videos on Stud Making.....

It doesn't matter about all that you continue to run up the score and you will be playing 2-A and 3-A teams or whoever you can schedule.