South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

Someone on here a few pages back said something to the affect "if you get hit hard and you win it only hurts a little while". I used that in a speech I just gave to my son who plays on special teams for the Pirates. I added a little something to it. I told him "if you get hit hard and you win it only hurts a little while. If you get hit hard and you lose it hurts till next year."

Tpay i ask this question only hoping its not true. Why is your high school not letting our folks in the box to film the game? I am somewhat amazed at why schools do retarded things like this? Again dont know if its true but word is your principal called SPHS and said they would not be allowed in the box. C'mon guys its a freaking high school football game. Why the silly crap? One more time don't know if it is true and hope it isn't from a school that SP respects like gordy.

It will not be the first time, just so you know... Our pressbox needs a major upgrade(build a brand new one) been saying this for years... The reason why it is small, very small at that... The only thing that spits them is a small thin piece of plywood, no doors, no insulation... Both teams can hear everything talked about so with that said they let them stand on the building beside the pressbox... Plus DTC.com is filming and streaming the game live... Trust me we need to build a pressbox like they have at the South PItt... Its been brought up but still nothing yet, we have a booster club that funds everything, they tried to start QB club strictly for football and booster club threw a fit...

Guest Purplepastry

Johnson is hands down the most talented player SP has ever had, I would not say he is the best however. People have been talking about SP's Oline, don't bother Johnson does not need them. GV better worry about their backs catching him and they won't. SP is the only team that can stop SP's offense. Now the SP D-line that is another story, this is where the game will be decided. I think if SP can get a few stops they will win and if they don't GV will win.

Edited by Purplepastry

Just a reminder for those who can't make it to the game tonight, we will have LIVE video webstream coverage at www.mydtc3.com tonight. Just log on to the site and click on the video screen. The webstream is free and provided as a courtesy of DTC Communications and DTC TV. It's going to be a GREAT game and we're excited to be there for all the action!!!