South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

I for one am proud of the Pirates tonight. They stepped up and played ball against a very good senior laden Gordonsville but just came up short. Nothing to hang your heads about, this was the year for the Tigers and I wish them good luck in the rest of the playoffs. Hopefully they can bring the gold ball back to the East side of TN this year.

Grider went for two there because our PAT kicker is just a freshman. He said in the Signal Mtn game that he would rather be blamed for the loss than a kid and I agree with him. Plus, anybody that has been around football knows that you go for 2 on the road if the game is on the line.

I for one am proud of the Pirates tonight. They stepped up and played ball against a very good senior laden Gordonsville but just came up short. Nothing to hang your heads about, this was the year for the Tigers and I wish them good luck in the rest of the playoffs. Hopefully they can bring the gold ball back to the East side of TN this year.

Grider went for two there because our PAT kicker is just a freshman. He said in the Signal Mtn game that he would rather be blamed for the loss than a kid and I agree with him. Plus, anybody that has been around football knows that you go for 2 on the road if the game is on the line.

I knew somebody was gonna down Grider but hey he made the call and 2 almost got in.

That being said I want to PRAISE the South Pittsburg Pirates. That was a great game and I can say with my clear mind that we were very fortunate to win. The future is very bright for the Pirates!! Anybody and I mean anybody that questions this team is a complete FOOL! They have athletes, a great coaching staff and great fan base! Like the election this one is over. God bless and calm seas to the Pirates.

Hope Nic Payne is alright.